Tracks and slots (further question)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Tracks and slots (further question)

Post by ecodrive »

Hey guys,

I struggled over the section "Tracks and slots" within the Grand Prix 2 Knowledge Base.

See http://www.grandprix2.de/wissen/01wissen.htm .

As explained the difference in a lap time of 1:00,000 between Slot 2 (Aida) and Slot 16 (Adelaide) is about 10 seconds due to different "Magic Data" in the 16 slots (unpatched game). Would this problem be eliminated, if I select the "Magic Data" from Slot 14 (for example) and export it to all 16 Slots?

What do you think? What are your experiences?

Since several years I've been playing GP2 with this solution. So it doesn't matter which track is placed in which slot. Mostly I'm lucky with this. The only thing that needs to be adjusted sometimes is the "Distance to Pit Out", because CCs spun out over kerbs in the first corner after leaving the pitlane (only Brands Hatch Indy 2003 and Adelaide 1995).

The second fail is that CCs are running out of fuel in the final lap at Monza. I think this could be solved, if I select the "Magic Data" from slot 12 for all slots. Or maybe only the value for "CC Fuel".
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Tracks and slots (further question)

Post by rremedio »

if I select the "Magic Data" from Slot 14 (for example) and export it to all 16 Slots?
Partially. Some slots (especially slot 1, iirc) have weird behaviors when it comes to lap times. There are probably some other magic data related factors not covered by the editor.
The second fail is that CCs are running out of fuel in the final lap at Monza. I think this could be solved, if I select the "Magic Data" from slot 12 for all slots. Or maybe only the value for "CC Fuel".
I think it is better to edit one parameter if you have one issue instead of using completely different magic data from other slots. Adjusting magic data is tedious and slow, but it leads to great results.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!