Wheel issue - help?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rej40
GP2 Newbie

Wheel issue - help?

Post by Rej40 »

Hi everyone,

I recently re-installed Grand Prix 2. The game works fantastic, but when I calibrate my wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) the "dot" shakes significantly left and right.
When I drive, it causes the car to dart around left and right, making it difficult to keep the car in line (or on the road at all).

This is not an issue in iRacing, rFactor or Live For Speed etc..

Any ideas? I run Win 8.1 and play via DosBox (which works great otherwise) but can't seem to find what is causing this.

You guys are a wealth of knowledge, so I would like to tap into your infinite wisdom for some help :)
"WD-40 and Duct Tape are all you need, if it doesent move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it souldn't, use the tape."
- Unknown
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Wheel issue - help?

Post by ismael »

Hello Rej40

First all, just alert that I don't have a solution for your problem. This is just a side comment.
A few time ago I tested a modern wheel (I think it was a Logitech too) running DosBOX with D-Fend Reloaded, in Win 8.1. tried to calibrate but the dot just didn't move. I was testing the wheel and eventually I didn't buy it. (Did not try in DosBOX directly, though.)

Currently I'm happy with keyboard GP2 but I think in the next few years I may turn this into a Sunday hobby like people who take care of old-fashion motorbikes. I'll have to get a spare computer, old but way more powerful than the Pentium 200 of the day, install Win XP or even Win 98, and dedicate it solely for GP2 (and other old games). I ran 3 100% Race Distance championships with a steering wheel and I can't bear and can't do that no more :)

Anyway, good luck and let's hope someone else has a solution!