What championship are you doing now?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Buttonfan
GP2 Starter

Re: What championship are you doing now?

Post by Buttonfan »

Edgars Erix wrote:
Buttonfan wrote:Yeah, but tbh I always thought I had more chance of Farina finishing lower down, but he was easily the fastest in the race. !

PS: By the way - are you counting championship points correctly? Only 4 best scores out of 7 (or 6, if you don't race Indy500) races count towards the championship...

I decided to count all of the points as there were only 6 races, so I decided not to bother doing the 4 best scores thing :)
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

No more races after almost a year? C´mon guys...

I´m doing a championship, ACE level, 2009 carset and shape, 100% races at custom tracks and me driving the ficticious Honda#18 in the carset. First race was at Interlagos (Fernando Pedace´s version) and was won by Button. I had a puncture on lap 2 8-[ .

Now we´re at Barcelona, second race, in a version of the track I never race before: Barcelona 2000 of Adalberto Zap. Did seventh for the grid and saved in the middle of pre-race practice almost a week ago :lol:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Currently I`m not in any championship, but I do 100% ace level races on each 2009 track. Some shorter (50%) races with fictional Simtek (Wurz) and afterwards go for a podium or the victory with Rubinho (luckily there are no teamorders in GP2 ;) )
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I'm doing my fantasy season. Maybe I'll do 2009 and 1978 seasons after my packages are done. But for some reason I want to start playing in a career mode (90 - onwards).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Bad luck at Barcelona. I did a couple of mistakes and was last in lap 10 :cry: Later, the engine said no more racing for me.

Race won by Barrichello, Nico Rosberg in 2nd, with Button 3rd something odd. I have no time to do a full report of the race, so I tend to see around 15 or 20 laps of cc's and then go to accelerated time...

Ok, next one is at Bahrain. Let's see what Alex Wurz and me can do for the black Hondas [-o<

See ya!
Spoiler: BBCODE_SP_AN
Pacific - TI Circuit Aida
(83 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Rubens Barrichello 2h 03m 11.194s
Brawn - Mercedes
2nd Nico Rosberg +3.455s
Williams - Toyota
3rd Jenson Button +17.169s
Brawn - Mercedes
4th Kimi Raikkonen +56.116s
Ferrari
5th Mark Webber +1m 16.637s
Red Bull - Renault
6th Heikki Kovalainen +1m 27.406s
McLaren - Mercedes
7th Felipe Massa -1 Lap
Ferrari
8th Kazuki Nakajima -1 Lap
Williams - Toyota
9th Lewis Hamilton -1 Lap
McLaren - Mercedes
10th Adrian Sutil -1 Lap
Force India - Mercedes
11th Sebastien Bourdais -1 Lap
Toro Rosso - Ferrari
12th Sebastien Buemi -1 Lap
Toro Rosso - Ferrari
13th Giancarlo Fisichella -2 Laps
Force India - Mercedes
14th Nick Heidfeld -2 Laps
BMW - Sauber
15th Nelsinho Piquet -3 Laps
Renault
16th Timo Glock Didn't Finish
Toyota
17th Giedo van der Garde Engine
Spyker - Spyker
18th Sebastian Vettel Didn't Finish
Red Bull - Renault
19th Takuma Sato Engine
Super Aguri - Honda
20th Alexander Wurz Transmission
Honda
21st Fernando Alonso Didn't Finish
Renault
22nd Fernando Alvarez Engine
Honda
23rd Anthony Davidson Puncture
Super Aguri - Honda
24th Christijan Albers Oil Leak
Spyker - Spyker
25th Jarno Trulli Didn't Finish
Toyota
26th Robert Kubica Didn't Finish
BMW - Sauber
ccollalto
GP2 Newbie

Post by ccollalto »

Yep! Currently I'm not running any championship... I spent my last times making helmets, setups, testing cars, that kind of stuff... I'm also looking for multiplayer possibilities... so I'll run 92' season as soon as I finish my test driver job ! :D

Oh and thanks to everyone for making this forum possible ! =D>
"Mansell has the two ugliest women on the world, one is his wife, the other is a statue in his house."
Nelson Piquet about Mansell's feeling for women.
Klon
GP2 Starter

What championship are you doing now?

Post by Klon »

Well, I am currently running a 2001 season based on four "What Ifs", which there are:

* Senna survived his Imola accident, but retired from active racing afterwards
* Toyota joining F1 in 2001 with the same drivers as in 2002
* Aryton Senna building his own team in 2001
* The F1 calender remained unchanged from the 1994 season

Yes, Senna Grand Prix is born! What an INNOVATIVE idea ^^.
Well, anyways, to be competitive, Senna decided to make his team into a B-team for BMW Williams. With BMW engines and a motivated driver dou, Senna wants to attack! The drivers are Williams test driver for 2001, Marc Gené and no one else than the great Takuma Sato, of which I took control. Besides being as successful as possible, it's my main target to beat Prost Grand Prix :twisted: (the Senna-BMW has the exact same values as Prost-Acer and Gené is only one grip point higher than Alesi). All races are 25 % distance with 15 minute qualifying sessions.

--- RACE 1: INTERLAGOS

Qualifying: Very disappointing qualifying session, I never got enough pace to be very competitive, only a number of good laps in the Saturday Qualifying made me able to get to 24th position, ahead of both Minardis and only a few hundreds of a second behind Allan McNish.

Race: Well, I didn't fare any better in the race, the start gave me a few positions but after that it was mostly a defensive drive. At the end of the race I was set for an acceptable P16, but Verstappen in his Arrows snapped P16 right from underneath my nose, how dare he? ^^ Regarding the front position, Ferrari got the ideal start to the title race, a 1-2 under the lead of Schumacher, who had an open battle with Barrichello for that position. The only car not from the Top 3 in the points was Jarno Trulli in his Jordan on P6.

Fight With Prost: 1:0 for Senna

Code: Select all

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿              
              ³                   Race Results                   ³              
              ³                   ------------                   ³              
              ³                Brazil - Interlagos               ³              
              ³                     (18 Laps)                    ³              
              ³                                                  ³              
              ³ Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed     ³              
              ³  1st  Michael Schumacher          24m 46.282s    ³              
              ³       Ferrari - Ferrari                          ³              
              ³  2nd  Rubens Barrichello          +4.635s        ³              
              ³  3rd  Mika Hakkinen               +7.025s        ³              
              ³       Mclaren - Mercedes                         ³              
              ³  4th  Ralf Schumacher             +8.617s        ³              
              ³       Williams - BMW                             ³              
              ³  5th  Juan-Pablo Montoya          +11.785s       ³              
              ³  6th  Jarno Trulli                +14.256s       ³              
              ³       Jordan - Honda                             ³              
              ³  7th  David Coulthard             +15.601s       ³              
              ³  8th  Heinz-Harald Frentzen       +17.139s       ³              
              ³  9th  Olivier Panis               +19.073s       ³              
              ³       BAR - Honda                                ³              
              ³ 10th  Jacques Villeneuve          +21.006s       ³              
              ³ 11th  Nick Heidfeld               +25.391s       ³              
              ³       Sauber - Petronas                          ³              
              ³ 12th  Mika Salo                   +34.956s       ³              
              ³       Toyota - Toyota                            ³              
              ³ 13th  Marc Gene                   +44.525s       ³              
              ³       Senna - BMW                                ³              
              ³ 14th  Kimi Raikkonen              +58.658s       ³              
              ³ 15th  Pedro De La Rosa            +1m 18.673s    ³              
              ³       Jaguar - Cosworth                          ³              
              ³ 16th  Jos Verstappen              +1m 25.952s    ³              
              ³       Arrows - Asiatech                          ³              
              ³ 17th  Takuma Sato                 +1m 26.776s    ³              
              ³ 18th  Jean Alesi                  -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       Prost - Acer                               ³              
              ³ 19th  Enrique Bernoldi            -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 20th  Jenson Button               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       Benetton - Renault                         ³              
              ³ 21st  Fernando Alonso             -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       Minardi - European                         ³              
              ³ 22nd  Tarso Marques               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 23rd  Giancarlo Fisichella        -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 24th  Luciano Burti               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 25th  Allan McNish                Loose Wheel    ³              
              ³ 26th  Eddie Irvine                Didn't Finish  ³              
              ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ   

--- RACE 2: PACIFIC

Qualifying: Well, again, I was in the lower field, this time P22, ahead of the Minardis and McNish, just behind Button. But this time it was not a lack of pace, no, I had lots of traffic and made unfortunate mistakes in those few rounds where I was alone out there.

Race: A very chaotic race. After a first lap on drugs I was on Place 6 and it was now my duty to defend the position at all costs, which I actually managed to do in the first few laps. Well, in Real Life, this style of defensive driving would've earned Sato a DNF and/or a DSQ. Three drivers dropped out of the race due to a hard defensive line: Mika Häkkinen retired after a massive incident of which I don't understand how I could've gotten away with without any damage. Frentzen und Salo followed shortly afterwards, but at least these accidents were more harmless and the retirements were due to bad luck from those drivers. My final opponent for the last laps was Villeneuve who put me under a lot of pressure, but I got more and more comfortable with my car and my actions, and therefore he couldn't stop me from getting the point for Senna Grand Prix. Wohooo! Barrichello took advantage of a driving error by Schumacher who dropped behind his brother to take third place. Therefore, Barrichello leads the championship with 2 points from Michael Schumacher and further 9 from Ralf Schumacher.

Fight With Prost: 2:0 for Senna

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿              
              ³                   Race Results                   ³              
              ³                   ------------                   ³              
              ³             Pacific - TI Circuit Aida            ³              
              ³                     (21 Laps)                    ³              
              ³ Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed     ³              
              ³  1st  Rubens Barrichello          27m 51.277s    ³              
              ³  2nd  Ralf Schumacher             +7.903s        ³              
              ³  3rd  Michael Schumacher          +15.017s       ³              
              ³  4th  David Coulthard             +28.664s       ³              
              ³  5th  Eddie Irvine                +37.834s       ³              
              ³  6th  Takuma Sato                 +45.221s       ³              
              ³  7th  Jarno Trulli                +47.329s       ³              
              ³  8th  Jacques Villeneuve          +48.062s       ³              
              ³  9th  Nick Heidfeld               +48.957s       ³              
              ³ 10th  Kimi Raikkonen              +49.562s       ³              
              ³ 11th  Olivier Panis               +50.059s       ³              
              ³ 12th  Giancarlo Fisichella        +51.596s       ³              
              ³ 13th  Juan-Pablo Montoya          +51.749s       ³              
              ³ 14th  Marc Gene                   +56.649s       ³              
              ³ 15th  Pedro De La Rosa            +1m 00.378s    ³              
              ³ 16th  Luciano Burti               +1m 01.015s    ³              
              ³ 17th  Jos Verstappen              +1m 03.043s    ³              
              ³ 18th  Enrique Bernoldi            +1m 06.757s    ³              
              ³ 19th  Jenson Button               +1m 12.549s    ³              
              ³ 20th  Fernando Alonso             +1m 20.858s    ³              
              ³ 21st  Jean Alesi                  -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 22nd  Tarso Marques               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 23rd  Mika Salo                   Didn't Finish  ³              
              ³ 24th  Heinz-Harald Frentzen       Didn't Finish  ³              
              ³ 25th  Mika Hakkinen               Didn't Finish  ³              
              ³ 26th  Allan McNish                Didn't Finish  ³              
              ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Bahrain:

Another race to forget. I felt confortable at the track for the practise sessions and the quali (I got sixth place), but I lost the way for the race and adding to that the transmission problem that left me out in lap 4. The Honda resulted to be a very problematic car :x . Anyway, this time the Brawn´s didn´t find a good pace and finished 3 and 11º. Race won by Mark Webber.

Magny Cours:

This was the race I was looking for. Historically I didn´t like this track (at least the original GP2) and never was able to do good races there. Now I got a new version of the track, and the Honda worked like a charm. 1st position in quali with both Brawns 1 second away. That was good.

Unfortunatelly my joy just lasted for ten laps. First, I was overtaked by Button and then Barrichello flew over me. In lap 10 I suffered from a broken wing and had to pit. I decided to change to just one more stop on the fly and, altough I was now heavy on fuel, this strategy paid off. Later I was again fighting in the middle of the pack in 7th place.
Vettel was running 6th but I wanted my first point of the season. I pushed as hard as i could but always a couple of seconds behind the Red-Bull. Suddenly in lap 60 he made a mistake and I took 6th place. :-"

In front of me were Webber, Trulli and Barrichello the three just separated by 3 or 4 seconds. But in front of them there were 2 backmarkers. I supossed that I could gain some seconds when my rivals in front wanted to overtake the backmarkers, but I thought wrong. Gently, they let pass the Red-Bul, the Toyota and the Brawn. I had to just keep the pace and finish in 6th. This time, Rosberg took it all.

Champ Positions:

- Pos   Driver                     After 4 Rounds  -              
              - ---   ------                     --------------  -              
              -  1    Nico Rosberg                18             -              
              -  2    Jenson Button               16             -              
              -  3    Rubens Barrichello          15             -              
              -  4    Mark Webber                 12             -              
              -  5    Jarno Trulli                12             -              
              -  6    Robert Kubica               10             -              
              -  7    Sebastian Vettel             6             -              
              -  8    Kimi Raikkonen--             5             -              
              -  9    Heikki Kovalainen            5             -              
              - 10    Timo Glock-------            4             -              
              - 11    Fernando Alvarez             1             -              

First point and looking for the next again at Barcelona but without the final chicane :o
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Spanish GP (Barcelona 2000 without final chicane)

Could have been yet better in quali, but to say the thruth I only was able to do just one clean lap in the first session, unless my final lap was the good one with second position in the first row with Button and using old tyres. I wasted the Q tyres with stupid mistakes but maybe I would reach pole.
Right from the start, Nick Heidfeld was out without a wheel at the front straight.
Right from the start, Nick Heidfeld was out without a wheel at the front straight.
GP2_0000.jpg
The race was under great pressure for the first few laps. As expected, I lost many positions at the start (after all this years with GP2 I have to learn how to deal with the low grip conditions at the start), but later I was having a good pace. I was in 16th position, time for pushing more. Soon i started to pass cars in the middle of the bunch. Massa, Raikonnen and Vettel were specially hard to overtake but I did without incidents.
On Lap 50 Raikonnen´s car in front of me. Was a scary moment  :lol:
On Lap 50 Raikonnen´s car in front of me. Was a scary moment :lol:
I was 7th and trying to get close to Alonso for at least one point, but was incredibly hard to pass some backmarkers (Sutil and Bourdais). Button won the race and as he crossed the line I was behind so I had one less lap. Seventh wasn´t so bad after all.

Race Results                      
                                ------------                                
                              Spain - Barcelona                   
                                   (65 Laps)                            

Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed                   

1st  Jenson Button               1h 34m 40.305s              
                     Brawn - Mercedes                                         
                2nd  Rubens Barrichello          +32.174s               
                     Brawn - Mercedes                                        
                3rd  Mark Webber                 +39.553s              
                     Red Bull - Renault                                      
                4th  Timo Glock                  +59.461s                
                     Toyota                                                   
                5th  Jarno Trulli                +1m 21.331s                  
                     Toyota                                                   
                6th  Fernando Alonso             +1m 23.301s                 
                     Renault                                                  
                7th  Fernando Alvarez            -1 Lap             
                     Honda                                                    
                8th  Heikki Kovalainen           -1 Lap                  
                     McLaren - Mercedes                                     
                9th  Felipe Massa                -1 Lap                    
                     Ferrari                                                  
               10th  Kazuki Nakajima             -1 Lap               
                     Williams - Toyota                                        
               11th  Sebastien Buemi             -1 Lap                
                     Toro Rosso - Ferrari                                    
               12th  Lewis Hamilton              -1 Lap                  
                     McLaren - Mercedes                                    
               13th  Giancarlo Fisichella        -1 Lap                 
                     Force India - Mercedes                                
               14th  Adrian Sutil                -2 Laps                   
                     Force India - Mercedes                                
               15th  Alexander Wurz              -2 Laps               
                     Honda                                                    
               16th  Sebastian Vettel            -2 Laps               
                     Red Bull - Renault                                      
               17th  Kimi Raikkonen              -2 Laps               
                     Ferrari                                                  
               18th  Nelsinho Piquet             -2 Laps               
                     Renault                                                  
               19th  Sebastien Bourdais          -2 Laps              
                     Toro Rosso - Ferrari                                     
               20th  Robert Kubica               -5 Laps                 
                     BMW - Sauber                                             
               21st  Anthony Davidson            -6 Laps                      
                     Super Aguri - Honda                                      
               22nd  Nico Rosberg                Didn't Finish                
                     Williams - Toyota                                        
               23rd  Takuma Sato                 Oil Leak                     
                     Super Aguri - Honda                                      
               24th  Giedo van der Garde         Suspension                   
                     Spyker - Spyker                                          
               25th  Christijan Albers           Engine                       
                     Spyker - Spyker                                          
               26th  Nick Heidfeld               Didn't Finish                
                     BMW - Sauber

- Pos   Driver                     After 5 Rounds  -              
              - ---   ------                     --------------  -              
              -  1    Jenson Button               26             -              
              -  2    Rubens Barrichello          21             -              
              -  3    Nico Rosberg------          18             -              
              -  4    Mark Webber-                16             -              
              -  5    Jarno Trulli                14             -              
              -  6    Robert Kubica               10             -              
              -  7    Timo Glock---                7             -              
              -  8    Sebastian Vettel             6             -              
              -  9    Kimi Raikkonen--             5             -              
              - 10    Heikki Kovalainen            5             -              
              - 11    Fernando Alvarez-            1             -              
              - 12    Fernando Alonso-             1         
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

My laptop works again! So i started immediatly a LMS-Season with 50% Distance.

First Race was Aida. A pretty strange race, i started 6th, could move to the 4th place and had 2 mistakes (i dont know what it is - the car or the setup. a lot of understeering, maybe its also the LMP-car generally). After my pitstop I was 11th and could do lot of good laps, so i moved up until the 4th place again, and than it happen: the other cars all spooned when trying to get into the pits! All other cars where out of the race, so i won with 2 laps gap of the Peugeot. I dont know what happen. I used the original microprose track. Maybe it is a problem with the carset. However, i'm happy for my first victory. And now i try to find a setup for Autopolis...
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

As well as running the WRL, I run a similar league which is much MUCH larger called the AMA (the Amatuer Motorsports Association), which runs in a similar way.

I've been an F1 driver for 3 seasons, starting with Lola in 2007, Honda in 2008, and McLaren in 2009. No idea who to drive for in 2010 though I just can't decide!!

I pretty much have a championship for every carset released on grandprix2.de and gprix2.com, everything from Japanese F3 to SWC, right the way through to Formula BMW.

I just can't help it, no matter how much I try to change to rFactor or Race Driver: Grid, I just can't break the GP2 bug!! I think I'll be hooked to the death.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:As well as running the WRL, I run a similar league which is much MUCH larger called the AMA (the Amatuer Motorsports Association), which runs in a similar way.

I've been an F1 driver for 3 seasons, starting with Lola in 2007, Honda in 2008, and McLaren in 2009. No idea who to drive for in 2010 though I just can't decide!!

I pretty much have a championship for every carset released on grandprix2.de and gprix2.com, everything from Japanese F3 to SWC, right the way through to Formula BMW.

I just can't help it, no matter how much I try to change to rFactor or Race Driver: Grid, I just can't break the GP2 bug!! I think I'll be hooked to the death.
And I've thought I was addicted... :D
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've changed the rules for my SS1 season..There will be only 8 races. I've run Curitiba, Toronto, Syracuse, Dijon, Zandvoort and Salzburgring. I've dropped Zolder becouse I'm too fast for the ccs in the first chicane, I still don't know which track will take it's place. My Oulton Park track won't be ready for the last race, so I think I will use Croft instead.

After one crash and two failures in the last 4 races, I've dropped from 2nd to 4th in the championship (but I've got my first win in Dijon). For everyone's suprise, the leader is Andreas Zuber from the excelent Nightwolf - Renault, chased from a distance by Montoya's Coventry - Climax. Montoya is not very happy with some strategic choices from his team and he will drive for other team in season 2.

Becouse of his move for F1, Romain Grosjean left S. Sports and was replaced by Nelsinho Piquet. Now Piquet is to be replaced by the old Roberto Moreno.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

I'm doing the 2006 IRL IndyCar Series. With a modified carset of Dan Richards, that allows all the 18 full-season drivers/cars to run. All the races with distance 1/3 than the real.
I'm driving on #5 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and I finished yesterday the Indy500 in 10th place. The same result of Motegi and better than St.Petersburg and Homestead. Let's go to Watkins Glen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

rremedio wrote: ...
Becouse of his move for F1, Romain Grosjean left S. Sports and was replaced by Nelsinho Piquet
To bad GP2 doesn`t support safety car phases, could be a great deal for his teammate ;)