What championship are you doing now?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Coloni
GP2 Starter

What championship are you doing now?

Post by Coloni »

Just curious :wink: What championships are you driving now? (on pc, altough online is good as well)

I myself am busy with the 1969 season in a privateer Brabham (the silvio moser one), 13 races done, 3 victories so far but Jean-Pierre Beltoise is cruisin to the championship :)
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

My last one was a 2001 run with Bernoldi's Arrows. I haven't played in a while, but I haven't finished that or started anything else, so it would be my "current" championship. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The last championship I have driven was my "F1GP II" carset :wink:
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Any 1998 carset. I played a 50% Season with Wurz and went up to P6 in the championship.
- . -
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

Just yesterday I finished the Swiss GP from the 1953 season. I was 2nd to Ascari, but at the very end was forced to pit for a splash-and-dash, thus loosing one position to Hawthorn. I'm driving a private Ferrari 500 (a bit lower BHP than works Ferraris). Heading to the last race of the season at Monza I'm trailing Ascari by 2 points. To win the championship, I must win or finish 2nd even to Ascari, but with a fastest lap. The old point scoring system makes the things tricky :)
Last season I was quite competetive at Monza, but retired with technical problems.
So far this season Ascari has 4 wins and I have 3 wins.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Edgars Erix wrote:Just yesterday I finished the Swiss GP from the 1953 season. I was 2nd to Ascari, but at the very end was forced to pit for a splash-and-dash, thus loosing one position to Hawthorn. I'm driving a private Ferrari 500 (a bit lower BHP than works Ferraris). Heading to the last race of the season at Monza I'm trailing Ascari by 2 points. To win the championship, I must win or finish 2nd even to Ascari, but with a fastest lap. The old point scoring system makes the things tricky :)
Last season I was quite competetive at Monza, but retired with technical problems.
So far this season Ascari has 4 wins and I have 3 wins.
Edgar, do you plan to release you carsets for those seasons ('51, '52 and '53)? I love your '50 carset.

I'm playing the '99 season, but it's in GP32k. I'm in Minardi, using Belini tracks and patch with some tweeks. It's really challenging.

Oh god, your question is about GP2 :lol: I'm not playing any season currently, but I'm in the hotlap leagues FGP2 (F2 season) and GP2Cup.

Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

rremedio wrote: Edgar, do you plan to release you carsets for those seasons ('51, '52 and '53)? I love your '50 carset.
I will, I promise! :D
As soon as I finish the Monza race and make reviews for all 3 final races, I will carefully check, correct and release them. But it wount be that soon :thinking:
Hard working family man, you know... ](*,)
Sitorimon
GP2 Newbie

Post by Sitorimon »

Currently doing a 2007 viewing season :)
ian7796

Post by ian7796 »

After playing a bunch of other championships I've gone back to the 1994 carset, but I'm driving as Senna. Last saved it mid through the San Marino grand prix, comfortably in the lead after winning at Aida.
erwingoesdown
GP2 Newbie

Post by erwingoesdown »

I played the season 2007 with Nick Heidfeld and I always had bad luck.
Sometimes the the engine "blew up", sometimes the tire made the same, sometimes I made silly mistakes etc. All in all I'm happy with the 6th place.
Before that I played the F1 seasons 1999-2002.
Before that I played the Champ Car Season 2005.
Before that I played the F1 seasons 1991-1998.
And before that I played :?: ähh I can't remember.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I've been doing some races again with my 2001 season, although I was mainly concerned with other things the last few weeks. It was nice to be in the top ten in Monaco and get one point as sixth in Magny-Cours.

I'm driving this season in GP4, actually. It's just not that stable on my system, so it's a bit on and off, because sometimes it crashes for no discernable reason.. .;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, after my hd crash my 1999 season is gone. So I'm think about what will be the next try...I think it will be on GP2 this time.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I've just done me first race for absolutely ages (I tend not to play GP2 much, I prefer to patch it!) with TdK's 2007 F1 carset at Monza. Let's just say it didn't go well...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Chapolin Colorado
GP2 Newbie

Re: What championship are you doing now?

Post by Chapolin Colorado »

I'm using the GP2CUP carset (made for this champ), and driving my own car, the Concorde Mitsubishi #0...
Bruno Pagiola
GP2CUP - Concorde Mitsubishi #0
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Re: What championship are you doing now?

Post by Chico Landi »

In this moment ???..........hum.....no...sorry.... :oops:
My old Pc crash... :twisted:
In the moment, I play GPL with old and long Tracks... Monza 10 Km, Nurburgring 84, Monlthery, Daytona, Watkins Gleen 48, Spa wet..... :)
Nice tracks....

Now, I have a new Pc :
AMD Athlon 64 with 2,5 GHz
2 GB ram
250 Gb hd
512 Mb video
Win XP and Win Vista Premiun..

hum... is a good PC...but all my GP2 in old Pc is lost................ #-o #-o
I need install the GP2 in the new PC..... :D
Yes, I will install the Old and Good GP2 !!!!!...and all great tracks....... :D

Regards everybody !!!!
Chico Landi