What championship are you doing now?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: What championship are you doing now?

Post by rremedio »

I think a german name will be nice for Blacksmith in season 2011. The typo on Frenzten name come from season 1, I was sure I had corrected it ](*,)

Nelsinho surpriseling won at Germany, so I don't know if he will be replaced in season 3. Anyway, the team keeps an eye on a upcoming german driver who knows every track in the world 8)

There is some controversy between Blacksmith and Caccere after the last lap incident at Donington Park. :twisted:

Maybe you should try my magic data, I set it so I need to push very hard to get the pole (3 races, 3rd, 7th and 1st on the grid).

Craig Richards always give me a hard time :lol:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

AAS, I've just seen the preview Very nice! Thank you! =D>
Early 90s F1 forever!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

AAS wrote:I drive with Heinz-Harald Frentzen as teammate for Blacksmith - BMW.
The set needs a german Teamname. Renamed: Schwarz-Schmitt - BMW. :D
I know this question is stupid, by why not call it "Schmied", since that is what Blacksmith means?
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

rremedio wrote:AAS, I've just seen the preview Very nice! Thank you! =D>
Very nice looking set, I might use some of those cars in my evor evolving "Allstars" set which I've driven many many seasons :)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

The SS1 carset is awesome! \:D/ I'll test it if I have time!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Klon wrote:
AAS wrote:I drive with Heinz-Harald Frentzen as teammate for Blacksmith - BMW.
The set needs a german Teamname. Renamed: Schwarz-Schmitt - BMW. :D
I know this question is stupid, by why not call it "Schmied", since that is what Blacksmith means?
because I don't understand English :-"
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

AAS wrote: I think I can defeat almost every driver in the set.
But, do I really have a fair chance against the FÓRMULA GP2 legends
Craig Richards and Robert Shepherd? :D
I tried all race to do my best, but ........................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMma4lBE1M
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

That was really nice! =D>

Always happy when Shepherd wins :mrgreen:

It's a new track?
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Nice fly at the end :mrgreen:
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Well cut and edited video =D>
Only in GP2 there is so much happenings in the race :D
racer63 wrote:Nice fly at the end :mrgreen:
"The flying Finn" :lol:
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Epic crash! :lol:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, I've just finished round 4 at San Gimignano (I've done some changes in track widths to make the ccline feel a little better, I think I'll release it later).

It was an interesting race, the track has 3 points easy to make mistakes. I was to be 2nd, but the engine failed at lap 49 (from 55), my first failure in season 2. Championship contenders Frentzen, Richards and Sato also had troubles, and now Kannan leads with 34 points followed by me (28), Piquet (24), Richards (23), Sato (20) and Frentzen (19).

I don't know about the next track yet. It will be another european one, maybe Zolder, Keimola, Zandvoort or another fantasy track.

It has been a lot of fun! :D
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Race 5 at Zolder had a lot of action. After a close qualifying (0.050s from 1st to 5th), Shepherd lead the grid from Kanaan, Zuber, Richards, Figueiredo and Frentzen. Shepherd and Bia were going for 3 stops, while Kanaan was going for 1 and the others for 2. As the race was going it was clear that the fight for the win was mainly between Shepherd and Kanaan. At lap 45, Shepherd spun and lost his front wing, going to an early pitstop. He was comming back on 15th, but a backmarker hits it at the pit exit and his race is over.

Everything was looking easy to Kanaan, but a surpriseling Piquet was very fast at the end of the race and fastly closing on the leader. At the last lap Nelsinho finally get position to attack, but he makes a mistake spun off track! Kanaan wins 10s ahead of Frentzen, with Oliver Turvey completing the podium in the better race of his career.

Caccere directors were very unhappy with Shepherds mistake (no points for the team, as Richards transmition failed), as Kanaan now leads with 48 points. Frentzen is the second with 29, while Shepherd is stuck with 28 for another round. In the teams championship, Blacksmith leads with 53, against 51 for both Nightwolf and Caccere.
Early 90s F1 forever!
A1Phoenix
GP2 Newbie

Post by A1Phoenix »

Hello guys!

currently i'm halfway through 1984 F1 Championship, with "Max" von Wolfschager driving for Renault after the promising first complete season (1 victory, 1 podium, 15 points) with ATS.

i have complete seasons (carsets, carshapes, correct circuits) from 1978 to 1996. this time no jokes, no jumps from one season to another.. serious business and until portugal's season ending, my gp2 will be locked in 1984 :)

on another note, i decided to switch on full customizable single-races, so i can change drivers as was in reality, even with a mad idea of simulate prequalifying in 88-92 years (even if i'm not between those poor underdogs).

well, first race of my new gp2 life (Dallas Grand Prix) was a bit disappointing :lol: starting in 8th place, 3rd after 13 laps taildragging lauda and then disaster strikes: lost control on turn 2, passed by entire crowd, furiously regaining 12 positions, lap 27 collision with a ligier, planned pitstop w/front wing, 10 laps of rage with too much hurry-related errors, Damage lamp lights on turn 3, sloooooow lap and another pitstop, ooooh boy that sucks.. again faust-esque driving style, 2 laps down but nothing is lost until the end! f**k ghinzani, his osella is a mobile chicane.. mmh last laps riding on rims, two cars blowin'their engines, too much smoke, an Osellcrashffffffuuuuuuu my wing, my precious wing.. fuel light on, last pitstop! aaaand finally, checkered flag..

4 pits, two front wing changes, last 2 stints with finished tires, 10th final position, two laps down..
on a positive note i had 2nd fastest lap, less than 0.1s from Alboreto :)

next race, British GP @ Brands Hatch :)
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

A1Phoenix wrote:Hello guys!

currently i'm halfway through 1984 F1 Championship, with "Max" von Wolfschager driving for Renault after the promising first complete season (1 victory, 1 podium, 15 points) with ATS.
Is that a german driver? =D>