What championship are you doing now?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: What championship are you doing now?

Post by rremedio »

MäxX wrote:
rremedio wrote: ...
Becouse of his move for F1, Romain Grosjean left S. Sports and was replaced by Nelsinho Piquet
To bad GP2 doesn`t support safety car phases, could be a great deal for his teammate ;)

:mrgreen:

Indeed!

But I believe Nelsinho is close to get a seat for season 2. We will see.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Only Startposition 20 in Autopolis for me. After a good first lap, I could go my rhythm, i did only 2 small mistakes and i could overtake the Dome in the very last lap 8) , so i finished 6th. But it seems, that the Audis and Peugeots are way too far for me.

And even after 10 years playing GP2, i dont understand how to manage a good setup. I guess, i must be some kind of "Alesi". :lol:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

tmc wrote:And even after 10 years playing GP2, i dont understand how to manage a good setup. I guess, i must be some kind of "Alesi". :lol:
You and me both! I've had this game since it came out in '96 and still don't have a clue!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Jesus I'm the same!

I don;t even bother with the Level 2 settings on the set up screen!

As for me I'm still doing my ficticious Formula 1 season. Now into the 4th season (2033 year) and have just lost my drive will Williams Audi but after being head hunted by John Booth, have now commited to Virgin Audi for next season...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

I always thought, when the track is bumpy, you need a soft suspension. Well, isn't Macau a bumpy circuit? So why i'm nearly 1 second faster when i drive with a harder suspension? Can anyone explain me this?

To my championship:
Again a catastrophic Qualifying. Only 18th. After some laps, i was 9th, no chance to hold the Dome, so i was 10th. But than again all other cars ran out of fuel! Even i had to do a Splash+Dash in the last lap. And so i won the race. I think there's a bug in the trackdata.

But i think i will restart the championship. Im not happy with the 2 Victories for free. In addition the Audis, Astons, etc. are too fast, so i think to restart with a lower level. I did also with another Carset and it was more fun than fighting for the 20th place. :-"
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I use a softer suspension setup when I drive on circuits were I have to drive over the curbs. Examples are Barcelona or Montreal, where I reached faster times because I could take the chicanes with a bit more risk. These circuits are also not that ultra-fast, so that it works well.

Right now I'm driving a season with the 1992 sportscar carset, I've chosen the Mazda. I'm driving the races with 20% length. After six races I'm leading the championship with six consectuive victories.

Yesterday I drove In Barcelona. I found a wonderful setup and qualified 2nd, but it could have been also pole (made a small mistake). The race was pretty good, but I made to mistakes and was overtaken by the Peugeot everytime. But I was able to get back into the lead both times.

Then came Canada. I knew it would be difficult, because I think the cc-cars have a big advantage when driving through the chicanes. I found a good setup and was able to qualify in fifth position. I thouhgt this may also be the position to finish the race or maybe fight for 3rd place with the Toyotas. But then my start was perfect and I was leading the race after the first corner. During the rest of the race I was blocking the Peugeots with success. Not a great win. Once again I had a lot of luck, when I spun on the long straight, but the cars behind me were not able to overtake.. :lol:

Next race is Magny-Cours, this will be the end of my series. I think it's not possible to find a good setup for this track. :(
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm about to start a F1 championship career based on reality and the WRL. I'll be filling the slots left open by seasons where only 11 or 10 teams competed with some other fictional teams, or teams that were "saved" from going into administration for a few more seasons.

I'll be starting in 1991, as a driver for the Lotus or Jordan team, can't decide. The drivers I'll be competing against are all competitors in the WRL, throughout the championship's history.

Also considering racing in CART which goes back to 86 I think, and BTCC & WTCC thanks to the carsets of Greyhead.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I've suddenly realised I'm gonna have to start right from the very botom of the pile, so I'm starting in British Formula 3 in 1987 with Intersport Ralt Toyota.

Here goes for a long career......
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Jake, do you ever sleep????!!!!!!

You're worse than me mate! I'm gonna start a career from FPA I think or might devise a ficticious FFord '85/'86 season, can;'t decide.

Hey dya know of a FFord carshape????
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

HAHAHA

I do sleep, but when I'm awake I live and breathe for GP2. As far as I'm concerned, there's no better PC game!!!

Mind you, I'm starting to get addicted to F1 2009 on Wii.

I just did my first F3 race. Got pole position and fastest lap at Thurxton, but a mid-race spin meant I had to fight back to finish a very depressing 7th. Should have won. Silverstone next, so time to set things right!!

MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Have to say F1 2009 is fab on the wii but I need to use a supported steering wheel preferably. The first time I went on my neighbours console on xmas day, went on melborne and was immediately on the pace. Eventually entered the grand prix level for Brazil and after 5 laps had to stop cos my arms couldn't take any more! We realised we'd been driving for nearly 2hrs without a feckin' break!

Ohh the pain geentlemen!!!!!!!!

But what a gamme!

Still not a touch on GP2.

Can I just ask guys, is there a chanc of this game developing further by cracking the gp2.exe code even more or have we reached the top of the mountain?
Murray Walker
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Victory at Le Mans!!!

On my first LMS Season i had an excellent drive at Le Mans. I startet 6th, after the Dunlop, i was 2nd behind my Teammate, Sarrazin. I could stay 5-6 seconds behind him, until my first pitstop. I came out, still as 2nd, but as i startet my challenge i had an engine failure! I was not too far from the pits, so i could get into them, and repair the damage (i know, in real it couldnt be). The other cars had their pitstops too, so i was still 2nd, 20 seconds behind Sarrazin. Then i had a few fastest lap. Some 2"06 and 2"07, sometimes a 2"08 when the slow cars were in front of me, just in the last esses, theyre veryvery slow there. I won nearly 1 sec per lap, so i could overtake the other peugeot 2 laps before finish. This last laps were very tricky, i did a lot of small mistakes, because i was excited, and sarrazin was all time in my mirrors. But i could save this first place until the finish line! A great race for me! \:D/

Here ist my calendar:

1. Autopolis JPN
2. Aida JPN
3. Macau CHI
4. Pau FRA
5. Valencia Road Track ESP
6. Anderstorp SWE
7. Mosgrad RUS
8. Le Mans FRA
9. Norisring GER
10. Most TCH
11. Assen NDL
12. Enna-Pergusa ITA
13. Sebring USA
14. Curitiba BRA
15. Bogota COL
16. Anchor Bay USA
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Raising a topic from the grave :twisted:

I'm finally running my SS1 2010 season. 3 races complete. I've won the season start at Linz, then third in Halle Saale (if not by a lot of failures, should be 7th or 8th), and then second at Donington, but marshalls punished me with 10 seconds after the race (becouse of an incident with Frentzen on the last lap ](*,) ) and I was dropped to 4th. But I'm still leading!

And Barrichello team won got their points for the first time in SS1 history! :lol:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Well, I have no time as before to drive on a private championship, but I want to drive after many months. Tomorrow I must do the Anderstorp qualifying for GP2RW, but before that I will do a race in some other circuit. Later I will start some league, but don´t know what carset or tracks yet 8-[
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

rremedio wrote:.....I'm finally running my SS1 2010 season.......
Nice carset!
Nice cars, cool team names and a very good choice of drivers.
I drive with Heinz-Harald Frentzen as teammate for Blacksmith - BMW.
The set needs a german Teamname. Renamed: Schwarz-Schmitt - BMW. :D

Nelsinho replaces the first Minardi driver. :-"

I think I can defeat almost every driver in the set.
But, do I really have a fair chance against the FÓRMULA GP2 legends
Craig Richards and Robert Shepherd? :D