Human Fuel Magic Data for each slot

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mazorca
GP2 Newbie

Human Fuel Magic Data for each slot

Post by Mazorca »

Hi guys, I'm lookin g for some help to edit Human Fuel on GP2 Slots and Tyre Editor.

Something I realize since I start playing GP2 decades ago is that our fuel comsumption is different from CC cars and, dependind on the track, is either over or under the supossed fuel laps left on the tank. It is not a great problem, it was always a matter of calculating do set more or less fuel laps at the beggining of the race or during pit stops to get it right.

For example: At Aida I use to set at least 2 more laps of fuel in order to follow my strategy, once my consumption is much higher, and at Spa I can set 1 or 2 less fuel laps.

So, I'm looking to emulate 1984 season and, with Slot and Tyre Editor is posible to remove refuelling and play by that year regulation. But I'm affraid with the posibility of run out of fuel (or have too much fuel left) at the end of races, once the human consumption varies thru tracks and slots.

So, do you know if there is a fixed number for Human Fuel that wortks for each slot to avoid high/low consumption or is a matter of test and find the proper number for each track?

Looking to the original Magic Data I realized that it is always the same for Human Fuel (16384) and varies a lot for CC cars.

Thank you.

Regards.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Human Fuel Magic Data for each slot

Post by samsepi0l »

Here is how I do it:

First I get sufficiently good at practicing on a track, and I know the line around the track well I concentrate on my setup. By then my fuel usage is repeatable.

I do a test race with 2 stops. Let's say for sake of example, the race is 60 laps. The car will run 3x 20 lap stints.

The first fuel load should be 20 + 2 = 22 laps When the green flag drops, I will probably be at 21.9.

I see where the car is when I cross the finish line after the first time the "pit" light comes on directing me to pit. This should happen with 2.9 Laps of fuel. Let's say for this example I only have 2.3 laps left... this means I am .6 laps short of fuel. I need to DECREASE the magic number.

So I will make a fraction 22 / ( 22 + .6) = 22 / 22.6 = .9735.

I then multiply .9735 times the magic data number. Let's say the magic data number is 16384. 16384 X .9735 = 15949. This is my new magic data number.

If you need to burn MORE fuel instead, and you get a higher number... let's say you cross the line with 3.4 gallons of fuel, then this is 3.4 - 2.9 higher than you wanted to be, or .5. so I take 22 + .5 / 22, which would be 22.5/22 or 1.0227. Multiple 1.0227 times your magic data number to get a new one. Same idea just increasing the magic data number.

This seems to work excellent for me- and I can literally get the numbers SPOT on by the 2nd try. I hope this helps.
Mazorca
GP2 Newbie

Re: Human Fuel Magic Data for each slot

Post by Mazorca »

Man, that is perfect.

I will try this and set a proper magic data for each track.

Thanks.