Car numbers won't show up in race

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
FuchsiLP
GP2 Newbie

Car numbers won't show up in race

Post by FuchsiLP »

Am i the only one having the following problem?

Playing with a carset with modified car graphics, on some cars, the car number won't show up, but on other cars, it does.

The car numbers are drawn at the right postion, but in the game, the place is empty.

Any idea what the problem could be?
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Re: Car numbers won't show up in race

Post by DaSilva82 »

If you export a new carset, make sure you export the car numbers too in Gpedit. This will put the numbers in the right position.
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

If I remember it correcty, that issue also appears in an unpatched 1994er version. So it is just another GP2 bug :D
FuchsiLP
GP2 Newbie

Post by FuchsiLP »

DaSilva82 wrote:
18.01.2021, 02:34
If you export a new carset, make sure you export the car numbers too in Gpedit. This will put the numbers in the right position.
I never knew that i have to export car numbers extra. So exporting them via the car number position editor seems to improve the situation, but it is not consistent. Standing in the startin grid and looking at my player car, the number is gone, but then playing around with other camera postions and the TV camera and then go back to my car, the number is there. And at one race, the number for a team are there, but on the next race the numbers are not on the car :D
MaxX wrote:
21.01.2021, 14:37
If I remember it correcty, that issue also appears in an unpatched 1994er version. So it is just another GP2 bug :D
Are there any official patches for GP2? My version is 1.0b german.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

FuchsiLP wrote:
22.01.2021, 17:52
DaSilva82 wrote:
18.01.2021, 02:34
I never knew that i have to export car numbers extra. So exporting them via the car number position editor seems to improve the situation, but it is not consistent. Standing in the startin grid and looking at my player car, the number is gone, but then playing around with other camera postions and the TV camera and then go back to my car, the number is there. And at one race, the number for a team are there, but on the next race the numbers are not on the car :D
MaxX wrote:
21.01.2021, 14:37
Are there any official patches for GP2? My version is 1.0b german.
I remember something like the car not using the number piece of the bitmap if there was only one car of the team in the race. It would just ignore the car-specific part and use the unchanged main painting, so for instance, if you had no numbers painted in the main nose (only in the car-specific pieces) with would appear without number, or even with the wrong number depending if you were car 1 or 2. But I don't remember exactly what conditions triggered this.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

I think I´ve noticed that at the start the game loads the main painting for the first car of each team and only when you view the second driver of that team it loads the part associated to the number for each car of the team. At least that´s what I remember noticing in the past. We don´t see it often because in most carsets usually the main painting has the number of the first driver in it.

If you still have problems you can post some screenshots of the carset and of how the car looks in game.