I can't install

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Lobo698
GP2 Newbie

I can't install

Post by Lobo698 »

Hi friends. Right now I signed up on the forum, to tell you that I bought grand prix 2, but I can't install it. I have tried dosbox, dosbox ece, but nothing. My Laptop is Windows 10, I changed the compatibility and nothing. Can you help me, someone tells me to get the game from an abandon ware site. Please help me.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: I can't install

Post by rremedio »

Downloading the game would indeed be easier. I don't have experience in installing GP2 from the CD in modern systems, I think you need to mount the CD to dosbox and go from there. What happens when you try to install?
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hello and welcome!
Yes, download from an abandonware site would be easier. I don't have a CD reader in my laptop and when I reinstalled GP2 it had to be that way.

I use D-Fend Reloaded to manage DosBOX in Windows 8.1, but some guys here (I think) are able to run and manage DosBOX without D-Fend Reloaded. To me D-Fend Reloaded was simpler to start things running. Don't quit, once you start things it will become easier!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Welcome Lobo!
Just like Ismael I downloaded Gp2. It was very easy to get the game running because it was already "put" in dos ox/d-fend.
But I understand you rather use your own CD rom for it.
I found this on the forum. It's originally for vista but I think it should work for Windows 10 too. Good luck!
http://grandprix2.de/Anleitung/dosbox/e ... osbox.html
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

welcome to the club mate.. i perosnaly use dos box ece and dos box svn daum.. i havent used d fend reloaded..In any case the simplest way to run the game is to download it.. if you want i can send you a site to download the game