Menuhelmet template?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Menuhelmet template?

Post by Mykhailo »

I saw many menuhelmets in the mods and they all look similar, how can I design a menuhelmet the same way?
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Menuhelmet template?

Post by MaxX »

• You can use a white helmet like this one as base (sorry, I don`t know whom to credit for this, I didn`t make it though):
    Helmet_Blank.JPG
    Helmet_Blank.JPG (2.33 KiB) Viewed 9176 times
  • Add another layer to the graphic via gimp/paintshop/photoshop/paint.et/ whatever
  • for the second layer you can use the generated bitmap from gp2edit
  • then merge the layers fiddling around with visibilty
  • rework it until it fits your demands
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mykhailo »

Oh, thanks, I wanted to try making some menuhelmets
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mykhailo »

BTW, so, that mean, that I can design in GIMP? 'cause doing everything in an outdated MS Paint is extremely hard...
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Mykhailo wrote:
07.08.2020, 12:29
BTW, so, that mean, that I can design in GIMP? 'cause doing everything in an outdated MS Paint is extremely hard...
In my experience, GIMP won't generate files with the correct palette. So I design in GIMP, then copy the final image and paste it over a GP2 bmp with the old MS Paint. I suppose you can probably fix that with some palette configuration in GIMP, but I never bothered trying that.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mykhailo
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mykhailo »

rremedio wrote:
07.08.2020, 18:03
Mykhailo wrote:
I suppose you can probably fix that with some palette configuration in GIMP, but I never bothered trying that.
I don't even know how to do it) Thanks BTW
Last edited by Mykhailo on 26.12.2020, 08:18, edited 2 times in total.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

rremedio wrote:
07.08.2020, 18:03
Mykhailo wrote:
In my experience, GIMP won't generate files with the correct palette. So I design in GIMP, then copy the final image and paste it over a GP2 bmp with the old MS Paint. I suppose you can probably fix that with some palette configuration in GIMP, but I never bothered trying that.
rremedio - I know what you mean regarding GIMP. I use GIMP as well and I have a similar problem with both ICR2 and GP2, but on my other forum one of the users swears to a solution. I have not tried this yet but if you want to check it out look here:

https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.p ... 82#pid9182
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

samsepi0l wrote:
09.08.2020, 03:51
rremedio - I know what you mean regarding GIMP. I use GIMP as well and I have a similar problem with both ICR2 and GP2, but on my other forum one of the users swears to a solution. I have not tried this yet but if you want to check it out look here:

https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.p ... 82#pid9182
Yeah, I think that would do it. But just pasting the image over a GP2 bmp (generated by GP2Edit or Jam Editor) with MS Paint (win xp version) does the trick for me.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I tried to use GIMP described in the process above for GP2, and the colors worked right but for some reason when I load the finished BMP into gp2edit it cuts up the positioning of the file wrong and it puts the parts of the car in the wrong locations... strange.

What I do is finish my work in GIMP, save it with the proper pallet as a BMP.
Open the saved BMP in paint, and then re-save it. This loads correctly in gp2edit after this.
Nimrod1111
GP2 Newbie

Post by Nimrod1111 »

If you could get an old copy of a Corel Paint Shop Pro, this would be THE perfect program for GP2 (you can easily manage all the palettes).
Consider it like a very enhanced MSPaint.
I have installed GIMP, but I still use PSP 9 because I don't understand the new program :lol: :lol: :lol: