Grey Barrier on some tracks

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mulletes
GP2 Newbie

Grey Barrier on some tracks

Post by Mulletes »

Hi Guys

On some tracks the barrier/fence is grey. Example silv50. Is there anyway of fixing this??

Cheers 8) 8)
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Grey Barrier on some tracks

Post by samsepi0l »

please post a photo.... maybe you are just missing some JAMs...
Mulletes
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mulletes »

Yes i do belive that is the case. No problems I will send some photos

Thanks
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Yes probably there are some jams missing or in the wrong folder. Usually in these cases you need to reinstall one of the original jams of the game (for example siljams).

In general what you can do is to open the circuit (the .dat file) with a simple text editor (notepad or whatever it is called) and scroll down to the end of the whole text. You will see a list of jams used by that circuit with their respective path. Now what you can do is to check in your folders if some files are missing or if they are in the wrong folder (check the spelling).
Mulletes
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mulletes »

Great idea.Thanks =D>
I did this and found about 5 jams that I havent got and copied below is list of jams from note book and I can confirm that I have only these in silv50 jams folder. I have checked spelling.Only difference is that the jam files are in capital letters. But still have grey wall.I have a photo but having troubles copying to here??

gamejams\dproad_.jam
gamejams\bricsand.jam
gamejams\monaco22.jam
gamejams\silv50s\ftrees.jam
gamejams\silv50s\dtrees.jam
gamejams\bushes.jam
gamejams\2tarmac2.jam
gamejams\grasverg.jam
gamejams\landscap.jam
gamejams\clouda.jam
gamejams\silv50s\roadsgn.jam
gamejams\silv50s\horsil.jam
gamejams\silv50s\pavsilvr.jam
gamejams\silv50s\t_monsp1.jam
gamejams\silv50s\t_monsp2.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver1.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver1a.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver2.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver4.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver5.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver6.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver7.jam
gamejams\silv50s\silver9.jam
gamejams\silv50s\sil0.jam
gamejams\silv50s\park_rt.jam
gamejams\silv50s\sil_tar.jam
gamejams\silv50s\sil_ad1.jam
gamejams\silv50s\t_monles.jam ¸
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

It could be that this track needs Gp2Limit. That's because the file size of some tracks is slightly bigger than what GP2 normally allows. And Gp2Limit increases the space.

The best way to get Gp2Limit into GP2 is to download rremedio's Slot&Tyre Editor 4.21. Here's the link:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cacc ... P2STE4.zip.

At Track Size Limit, click on max and GP2Limit has done it's work!
Schermopname (26)_LI.jpg
Have a go and if you need more explanation, let us know!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

DaSilva82 wrote:
21.05.2020, 17:18
It could be that this track needs Gp2Limit. That's because the file size of some tracks is slightly bigger than what GP2 normally allows. And Gp2Limit increases the space.

The best way to get Gp2Limit into GP2 is to download rremedio's Slot&Tyre Editor 4.21. Here's the link:

Schermopname (26)_LI.jpg

That track size limit won't affect jams that way. If you have a track bigger (in .dat file size) than the limit, you get a "wrong file type" message from GP2 and the track won't load.
Mulletes wrote:
21.05.2020, 12:34
Great idea.Thanks =D>
I did this and found about 5 jams that I havent got and copied below is list of jams from note book and I can confirm that I have only these in silv50 jams folder. I have checked spelling.Only difference is that the jam files are in capital letters. But still have grey wall.I have a photo but having troubles copying to here??
Maybe you are getting those missing textures because you put the jam files into a Silv50 instead of Silv50s folder?
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

rremedio wrote:
21.05.2020, 20:25
DaSilva82 wrote:
21.05.2020, 17:18

Schermopname (26)_LI.jpg

That track size limit won't affect jams that way. If you have a track bigger (in .dat file size) than the limit, you get a "wrong file type" message from GP2 and the track won't load.
Mulletes wrote:
21.05.2020, 12:34
Great idea.Thanks =D>
Maybe you are getting those missing textures because you put the jam files into a Silv50 instead of Silv50s folder?
OK I learned something today :D
Thank you for the correction
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
Mulletes
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mulletes »

my typo yes in Silv50s.

Have you tried loading. Maybe if you get it to look ok. you could let me know your jams? just a suggestion 8)