CSV Export of GLx

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

CSV Export of GLx

Post by MaxX »

If was wondering if there is an option to export the data of .GLx-files to csv or something similar usable for a Spreadsheet-programme or a database. I am thinking of a cool way to store results and making championships, carreer modes or managing stuff even simpler, but without a comfortable way to import data it is quite uninteresting.

The GLx does not store qualifying results and retirement-reasons? This stuff should be extracted out of standard results.txts from GP2, but a Lapchart without much efforts would be an interesting option to. I know that there exist lapcharts, but I want it all in one place and above all comfortable. With a database I could also make other stats like driver with most accidents, poles, average finsihing pos, etc. Per season, overall, etc.

Does there an option exist to get those data? :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: CSV Export of GLx

Post by rremedio »

You need to use hof2lap.

i.e. if you have a file.gla file

Code: Select all

hof2lap file.gla > file.txt
This will create a file called file.txt with the output of hof2lap.

I don't think they store retirement info, but I'm not sure.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Thank you for the answer Roberto.

This is the output tools like lap2html use, but it is not 1:1 usable for import into DB or spreadsheet, at least without fiddling around with it (I don`t want to use too much makros or scripts). With fixed cell width it works but the player car info before the car number is not optimal for this. No, there is no failure data in it, for that I have to use a savegame-editor/viewer. I can still calculate "Not Classified/Did not finish" with the 90% Laps completed rule.

Let`s see what I can do :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yeah, the best way of doing that would be creating an importing script with VBA. I don't think there is any tool already created for that. I've done that a few times with VBA but I don't have any of my old files anymore. For a while, I used that to calculate cc grips, fuel and tyre wear for the magic data (with hof2lap -d -v options).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

It`s very interesting what one can do with additional tools :mrgreen: Indeed, such paramaters are also intersting, I will try them out as well :D