changing the color of the sky

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

changing the color of the sky

Post by samsepi0l »

I downloaded and started running the 1991 version of Phoenix (the old US F1 track) made by Michael. The track build is amazing, but the only thing I'm not liking is that he used a JAM or something for the sky that is mostly grey, like a very cloudy day. You can't see any blue in the sky.

How hard would this be to change? Can I just change a JAM out for a SKY JAM from some other track?
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Re: changing the color of the sky

Post by Michael82 »

Hi!
Happy to see you like this track! A long and exhaustive work... Here a new version of Phoenix 1991 with a sunny horizon. Unfortunately there is a graphic bug when you start from the pit. It is a black flash. I don't know how resolve this.
I have made a version of Phoenix 1989-90 layout but I have never completed. Maybe one day.
Attachments
Phoenix91.rar
(761.1 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Phoenix89-90.rar
(894.2 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: changing the color of the sky

Post by samsepi0l »

Michael - I really enjoy driving at your phoenix track. I've managed a 1m25.0s lap, but I struggle because the track is difficult to get a smooth flow around the track. There are many stop-and-go style corners. I do not see what you mean where the screen turns black. I only see a small bug when you enter the pits coming off of the track- it takes a second for the pit graphics to appear- is this what you mean?

It's a small price to pay, to have such an excellent phoenix track. I still have to improve my driving and setup here.