Liveries on Windows 10

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Liveries on Windows 10

Post by jakesanson »

Hi guys!!

I'm back!!

We're playing some of the vintage mods over at Downforce Racing on YouTube, and its gaining popularity very quickly. You're more than welcome to join in if you wish!!

Just wanted to ask about liveries. I'm not sure what program to use to change some car liveries for a competition I want to run for our sponsors. Paint is officially useless in Windows 10 and I've been told Usenti is not a bad alternative.

Any advice?
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Liveries on Windows 10

Post by MaxX »

Welcome back!

For Grandprix2 and older programmes I still use Paintshop Pro 8, that was a great investment 20 years ago and it would also run on Win 10 :mrgreen:. although I still use a virtual Win XP for all vintage stuff and not Win10.

The current versions of Paint Shop Pro are surely great or of course Photoshop (if you have still own a non-sub version like I do)

If you want free stuff GIMP with Photoshop style GUI mods is a great, paint.net also covers your basic needs

Have fun with modding :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Welcome back, Jake!

I do most of my editing in GIMP, then I copy the image and paste it over an image saved from GP2Edit or Jam Editor open my copy of the old mspaint.exe since I haven't had luck with saving directly from GIMP without destroying the GP2 palette.

You can find the old mspaint.exe by searching on google, but there is also a copy in my google drive.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I know Paint.net really well! Thank goodness that will help!

Thank you all!!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Which BMP file should I be saving my liveries as? Is it a BMP with 256 color or 24-bit?

Because neither are currently loading correctly into GP2Edit.

rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

It is 256 colors, but you need the correct palette.

I use the old xp mspain instead for saving the files -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d_S_Mt ... sp=sharing

Download old xp mspaint. Open a bmp exported from GP2Edit on it. Copy the file from paint.net or whatever editor you use (select all, then CTRL+C). Paste it on the GP2Edit bmp on the old mspaint, then save it.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!