Tracks not loading

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Tracks not loading

Post by rremedio »

dm1957 wrote:
29.02.2020, 18:16
I really appreciate you having a look. I will look into an alternative installation. I used the Best Old Games because it was simple and almost all editors work fine. Except it has to be said not GP2 Limit but now I have successfully used GP2STE4. Its strange because I ran the Interlagos 73 track okay in practice but again won't load in a race situation. Never mind I have 90 % of the game sorted. If I find a solution I will post in case anyone else has a similar problem.

While on very quickly is it possible to change a horizon from a single jam to two or three which there are some - Osterreichring, Dijon etc? Game can look better with these.

Best wishes

David
Yeah, each track needs 8 horizon textures, but it doesn't matter in how many or which jams they are stored. The tracks you mention have a better horizon because they use bigger textures divided between multiple files instead of cramming 8 small textures in a single file, like most other tracks. They also use a track command to increase the horizon image size in-game, so you can view it better.

I think a fresh install would solve your problem. The most likely source of that problem I can think of would be a default jam (or multiple ones) having been replaced by a bigger custom jam somehow. In that case, you can simply extract all jams that come with the GP2 package inside the GAMEJAMS folder and it should fix it.

If that doesn't help, I've built this package last week for a friend. It is big (73mb) because it comes with some tools inside (Gp2lap, gp2edit, hotlapinfo, etc). If you extract it to your C drive (GP2.exe should then be in C:\GP2\GP2.exe), the Dosbox.exe under the DOSBOX folder should work correctly out of the box. If you extract it to another drive/folder, you will need to edit the end of dosbox.conf accordingly.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
dm1957
GP2 Newbie

Re: Tracks not loading

Post by dm1957 »

Many thanks. I will give it a go.