Gravel traps and grass

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Gravel traps and grass

Post by Mickeyg »

When I come off track into gravel traps or in the grassy weeds, my car is really difficult to get out. I'm know its realistic and part of the game, but when I throttle up to get out, my car turns away from the direction I want to go and is really uncontrollable.

Is there a way to reduce this resistance?

Thanks all.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Gravel traps and grass

Post by rremedio »

Hi!

There is theoretically, a way to increase the car grip when it is above gravel traps or grass. But we don't have a tool that does that, you would need a hex editor (I don't have the offsets handy but I can get them when I come home). When you are on grass, you just need to not push too much and be careful. Gravel traps are much more annoying.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mickeyg »

Thanks rremedio for your reply 😁👍

Not to worry about the settings and figures you have for the hex editor. I've used hex editors before, but they can be tricky and end up more hassle than they are worth. I just thought there may have been a simple config alter in GP2 and using something like notepad. No problem I leave that fix and live with it.

I guess I'll have to learn how to get out of it and I guess also it adds to the realism of the game. It just seems in Gp3, which I've also installed, and probably 4 (which I need to install) on grass and gravel, you don't seem to big down as much. I did find out though in GP2 and gravel that you really have to put loads of lock on, to help you get out. Unless it's me getting it wrong still? Guess it's all a learning curve.

Thanks again for all your help 😁👍🏁
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

There are two tricks that help with the gravel (but it will still ruin your race lol).

1. Disable F2 put the car on neutral, accelerate and put the car on 1st gear when you hit the maximum rpm. This will give a small push if you are stuck.

2. Disable F2 and F3, put the car on the "turn gear" (bellow neutral iirc, it is the inverted U gear), accelerate while turning the car. It helps with returning to the asphalt if the gravel trap is turning your car on the other direction.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mickeyg »

Thanks for the info 👍

I suppose the fun is getting out of the gravel. Lol 😂

I will try your tips out if I'm ever there again. Which will probably be the case 🤭😂