GP2 Edit

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

GP2 Edit

Post by Mickeyg »

Hi all

I've installed Gp2 successfully on my XP machine and through Dosbox Reloaded. All is working great and I'm loving this game once again.

But when I try to start gpedit (from a add-on disc) I get an error and the programme won't start. I've tried running the gp2 edit by starting the exe directly and also by using Dosbox Reloaded. Also putting the programme in the Gp2 dir folder. Still no joy and not working.

My errors are something about 16bit and not finding the right correct path?

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: GP2 Edit

Post by rremedio »

Hi and welcome!

The GP2Edit installer won't run in modern systems and it won't run in DOSBox since it is not a DOS program. You need to copy the extracted files from the zip version from this page and run the exe from Windows. Then it will ask you for the GP2 folder and you need to select the folder where GP2.exe is.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mickeyg »

Thank you kindly for the link. Much appreciated πŸ‘

I will download and hopefully I'll be good to go. I want it mainly for the car dependant alteration, before I start my first season. No driver aids, with a wheel and on the middle level (semi-pro?) 3rd level up. I'm going to start my own career, starting with the Footwork. I've designed my own career, which I'll write a thread about soon, on how to turn one season into multiple seasons. It's a bit complex but I think it will work?

Anyway thanks again for your help. I am busy, next few days, so it will probably sometime in the middle of next week, that I get back to this thread, if there are any issues, but hopefully a good report that the edit as worked.

Chow 😁
Citroen2CV6
GP2 Newbie

Post by Citroen2CV6 »

Hi,

I have one question regarding GP2 Edit.

I noticed that you are able to edit existing teams (change teams and engine names)... There are 14 teams (28 drivers), and 26 drivers can attend race...

But, can I add more new teams without changing existing ones?

For example, to have 16 teams in total and 32 drivers who are trying to qualify for 26 positions in race?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hi! And welcome!

Sadly you can't change the number of teams. You have to have 13-14 teams, 26-28 drivers.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Citroen2CV6
GP2 Newbie

Post by Citroen2CV6 »

Thanks for info!

I must say that after exactly 20 years, I have started to play this great game again. Firstly I have started to practice Monza, but I am not sure that I will have enough patience to master this game again.

Nevertheless, my favorite is Jean Alesi. :D
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mickeyg »

Thanks rremedio for your help in this thread.

To let you know and feedback, the GPedit link you supplied as worked and I am now running it on my GP2 game. Thanks for that πŸ˜πŸ‘

Just a couple of questions and queries about GP2edit though. Hope you can help?

1- When you first set it up and install edit (think you can change in the config) there's an option to swap cars/teams. Something like that? What does that do if you tick it?

2- I've ticked the box power dependant car teams, because I want that season of realism and a chance to rise up the ranks, with my own career idea (see other thread on forum) question is what if you tick the other box below car dependant, Power Variation. Does that cancel team dependant Power?

Thanks again for your help and to Citroen, I hope your revisit to Gp2 goes well and happy driving πŸ˜πŸ‘
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Mickeyg wrote: ↑
01.01.2020, 14:34
Thanks rremedio for your help in this thread.

To let you know and feedback, the GPedit link you supplied as worked and I am now running it on my GP2 game. Thanks for that πŸ˜πŸ‘

Just a couple of questions and queries about GP2edit though. Hope you can help?

1- When you first set it up and install edit (think you can change in the config) there's an option to swap cars/teams. Something like that? What does that do if you tick it?

2- I've ticked the box power dependant car teams, because I want that season of realism and a chance to rise up the ranks, with my own career idea (see other thread on forum) question is what if you tick the other box below car dependant, Power Variation. Does that cancel team dependant Power?

Thanks again for your help and to Citroen, I hope your revisit to Gp2 goes well and happy driving πŸ˜πŸ‘
You are welcome =)

1. I think it allows you to change the team order by dragging a team from the team list and moving it up/down.

2. It won't cancel it, but it will subtract a random value from each car's power (changes every race iirc).
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mickeyg »

Thank you once again for the answersπŸ‘

Legendary 😁🏁