MAC GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
dannymarten
GP2 Newbie

MAC GP2

Post by dannymarten »

Hello- I have Gp2 installed on my Mac (god it's good, better than first time round)
I am using dos box, i also have gp2 edit, but... I can't install car sets or additional tracks.

Please can you suggest any workarounds you have? Jads and Jams seem to be frustrating!!

Thanks in advance :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: MAC GP2

Post by rremedio »

Hi and welcome!

I'm not sure about the exact issue you are encountering and I know nothing about Macs.

Assuming you can use GP2Edit with wine or something like that, you should download the zipped package from this page. This is the program you will use to install carsets (make sure to have it configured with the correct GP2.exe path).

About tracks, if you are having problems with convert.exe (in order for it to work it needs to be called from DOSBox), you can try using my converter which doesn't require DOSBox. Make sure you have the correct jam folder names and also, start GP2 from GP2Lap so the track infos are loaded correctly (not mandatory, but very very desirable).

If you have more specific info about the issues you are getting, I can try to help.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
dannymarten
GP2 Newbie

Post by dannymarten »

Hello- thank you for your reply.

I am using GP2 edit, which works fine.

But most of the other editors, including the ones for jads/jams don't work on on mac conversion software

I would like to add some new tracks, nothing over complex!

:)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

If the converter I linked above doesn't work, you will need to do it from inside dosbox.

You need to have "convert.exe" (the one which comes with most tracks) in the same folder as the jad files, then in dosbox you to that folder (for instance "CD c:\gp2\gamejams\trackjamfolder") and run convert.exe. It will convert all the jad files in that folder into jams (and vice versa).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
dannymarten
GP2 Newbie

Post by dannymarten »

TY! sounds a pain but i will give it a go :)