Track map issues in-game

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rej40
GP2 Newbie

Track map issues in-game

Post by Rej40 »

Hi everyone,

I have been using GP2 for a long time with no real issues.
However, a few days ago when I booted the game, some of the track maps now look like this :

To update track maps, I use Fragata Track Manager through a VM of windows XP.
I tried re-updating it again, and no luck. Same screen.

Does anyone know what could cause this?
Thanks! :D
"WD-40 and Duct Tape are all you need, if it doesent move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it souldn't, use the tape."
- Unknown
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: Track map issues in-game

Post by samsepi0l »

If I were you, I would take one of the track maps that works correctly and place it in the spot of one that doesn't.

See if it looks garbled like that.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

That's a common issue when you change trackmaps/menu pictures and after that you export a carset that changes the menu helmets. There is no way to fix it that I'm aware of (except for restoring the original bitmaps/F1PCSVGA.BIN file). What I do is to export the carset and then export the maps and then make a copy of the f1pcsvga.bin file that I can use if it gets corrupted later.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Rej40
GP2 Newbie

Post by Rej40 »

Great!

I had a previous version of my GP2 folder and had a non-corrupted F1PCSVGA.BIN file.
I swapped them ... and ... it worked perfectly! All my menu track maps are restored :D

I'll make sure to keep a copy handy in case this happens again.

Thanks for the help!
"WD-40 and Duct Tape are all you need, if it doesent move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it souldn't, use the tape."
- Unknown