understanding and modifying the curbs (kerbs)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

understanding and modifying the curbs (kerbs)

Post by samsepi0l »

I have done a little research about curbs (I will spell it as "kerbs" like I see in the research)

I'm not exactly clear about how to change the style of kerb on a corner with the track editor.

For example, I want to be able to modify a kerb on a track so it is not the kind of kerb that immediately throws the car into a spinoff when you hit it.

Does anyone have a precise instruction for this? I looked at the track editing FAQ but it isn't really clear to me.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: understanding and modifying the curbs (kerbs)

Post by rremedio »

http://grandprix2.de/Anleitung/tutus/TU ... .HTM#kerbs

You need to look for commands 0xca and 0xcb, usually found in the first sector of each track. They control the kerb shapes for all track (you can't change the kerb geometry for each corner, so you will have to work with two shapes).
samsepi0l wrote:
17.08.2019, 19:29
For example, I want to be able to modify a kerb on a track so it is not the kind of kerb that immediately throws the car into a spinoff when you hit it.
For this you are looking for low height kerbs.

The attached image gives you an idea on the effect of each value. You have to edit the values, click OK and open the dialog again to see the effect of your changes (to see the dialog just double-click the command you want to edit).
kerbs.png
kerbs.png (6.39 KiB) Viewed 4564 times
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Re: understanding and modifying the curbs (kerbs)

Post by samsepi0l »

I will look at this closer a second time. Track editor is still very new to me, but I am not scared to play around. I remember 25 years ago it seemed so impossible to understand, but now it makes much more sense. Thank you for your attention to detail.