I want to put more cars on the track during practice

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

I want to put more cars on the track during practice

Post by samsepi0l »

is there a way to put more cars on the track so it's more crowded during practice?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: I want to put more cars on the track during practice

Post by rremedio »

There is a parameter in the Slot and Tyre Editor 4 which will change the limit for the number of ccs at once in qualifying (not sure if it affects free practice, it has been a long time).

But it is just a limit and GP2 does some calculations which I don't understand depending on the session time and probably other things to get to the actual number of ccs at the same time in a session.

That parameter was better to decrease that number than increase if I remember correctly. But I never tested it too much.

I don't know of any other way of affecting this.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I will try it.

Once I get good enough to be fast on a circuit I like to practice with other cars around. Being fast by yourself and being able to go with traffic are 2 different things.

I will let you know.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Not wanting to look like a troll (internet is quite depressing these days), but couldn't you just practice in traffic by starting a non-championship race from 26th, without qualifying? How do you think it's different from a practice session crowded?
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

ismael wrote:
25.04.2019, 16:29
Not wanting to look like a troll (internet is quite depressing these days), but couldn't you just practice in traffic by starting a non-championship race from 26th, without qualifying? How do you think it's different from a practice session crowded?
I like to adjust the car setup frequently, can't do that in race.
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Another way is increasing the Fuel load in the Game Settings of the GP2Edit. Although obviously it makes the cars heavier...
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

samsepi0l wrote:
25.04.2019, 18:18
ismael wrote:
25.04.2019, 16:29
I like to adjust the car setup frequently, can't do that in race.
Good point, you're right. Although I might point that saving the game in Pre-Race Practice after each set-up change - and then load game after quitting the race could possibly be almost the same.
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

rremedio wrote:
25.04.2019, 06:22
There is a parameter in the Slot and Tyre Editor 4 which will change the limit for the number of ccs at once in qualifying (not sure if it affects free practice, it has been a long time).

But it is just a limit and GP2 does some calculations which I don't understand depending on the session time and probably other things to get to the actual number of ccs at the same time in a session.

That parameter was better to decrease that number than increase if I remember correctly. But I never tested it too much.

Where exactly can I find this parameter to change the number of cars during qualifying? I'm experiencing an issue that only 2 cars go on circuit to set qualifying times. Some cars don't do times during a certain qualifying session. Very strange.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

peke12 wrote:
16.09.2020, 11:18
rremedio wrote:
25.04.2019, 06:22

Where exactly can I find this parameter to change the number of cars during qualifying? I'm experiencing an issue that only 2 cars go on circuit to set qualifying times. Some cars don't do times during a certain qualifying session. Very strange.
That parameter is found in the Slots and Tyre Editor -> https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cacc ... 2STE4b.zip

But if you are only getting 2 cars and never changed that parameters, it won't be of any use since it just sets a limit (14 if you never changed it). What is probably causing this is the number of fuel laps for each car when they join the session. GP2 uses that number to calculate the amount of cars in the track at the same time and you probably need to increase it (you do that with GP2Edit).
Early 90s F1 forever!
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

Thanks for your answer.
Do you know which specific setting in GPedit changes the amount of fuel for the cars?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

peke12 wrote:
17.09.2020, 21:35
Thanks for your answer.
Do you know which specific setting in GPedit changes the amount of fuel for the cars?
There you go.
gp2editfuel.png
Early 90s F1 forever!
peke12
GP2 Newbie

Post by peke12 »

yes, I found it. Sorry for the inconvenience. :?
I did change the fuel to 4 laps, just to make it easier during qualifying.
Didn't expect this would affect the number of cars on track during qualifying.

PS: thanks for the answers anyway. :-)
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

I also use 4 fuel laps for qualifying and I also noted that AI cars were failing to do both sessions. Thanks a lot for this thread!