"snap oversteer" on corners that have height transitions

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: "snap oversteer" on corners that have height transitions

Post by rremedio »

samsepi0l wrote:
19.02.2020, 19:37
In my opinion this is the biggest flaw in the game. Same thing across many tracks.

We need to find a way to modify the physics so height changes have less affect on the handling of the car. I am not so much talking about playing with the setup (because this will affect the car everywhere on the track) but I mean modifying things with the track editor, magic data or gp2edit.

One way (which is difficult and time consuming) is to do it like I did for A1 ring. Here I changed the height values in the track so that the problem went away. This did not really seem the visual 'feeling' of height transitions during play but it sure made the handling more realistic.
Yes, that would be ideal. Changing the heights is something I also did before and it worked but it is not an option if we want the most accurate tracks. I tried changing many many values on the "physics section" of the exe but none of them gave me good results. I think we need to actually understand the code so we are able to do meaningful changes. I think it is doable, but it is very hard and it needs a good knowledge of Assembly code.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!