how many teams (or cars) is it possible to have in a carset?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

how many teams (or cars) is it possible to have in a carset?

Post by samsepi0l »

I just downloaded a 1986 carset and I love it. It's such a great thing to be able to have with so many classic names. For the players car, I like the idea of making a fictional car for me to drive so I don't have to "be" one of the real drivers. Is the maximum 28 or 26 cars? I installed gp2edit, and when I loaded the carset into the program it looks like there is an extra spot at the bottom where another team could fit.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: how many teams (or cars) is it possible to have in a carset?

Post by ismael »

Hi there,

Although I never created a real-life carset, a created a couple of them fictional with GP2edit and the maximum is always 28. I think we can disable some of them and have smallers carsets. Anyway, if you get 28 cars only 26 will qualify for the race - that's the game standard and GP2edit doesn't change it.

(with this many carsets, you could start a 'career' in 1986 all the way to 2001 or something like that... and promote yourself to bigger teams if you get good results in smaller ones ;-) )
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

I see- I wish there was a way to get it so that all 28 could race. Right now I am racing with a carset that has 27 cars and one driver always fails to qualify.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yap, there can be between MIN 26 and MAX 28 cars ingame. The tracks are all built for exactly 26 cars. I`d love to see that this can be changed in the future, but I doubt it :)