Going to box

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
shankly
GP2 Newbie

Going to box

Post by shankly »

Hello!)

Decided to play this beauty after nearly 20 years since I played it first time!))

I forgot how to go to the box deliberately during qualifying session. I mean going to the box even if the volume of fuel allows you to stay on the track few more laps.

Thx.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Going to box

Post by ismael »

Hello and welcome back! I did the exact same thing a couple of years ago - playing after very long time away.

I think you mean hitting Q. Just hit Q and you'll be back to the box.
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

The Q button like Ismael explaned works but it sends you immediately into the pits in a blink of an eye.
If you want to drive to the pits just hit enter and your pit in sign will light up.
Cheers!
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Good point from DaSilva82. Q may be useful during qualifying, but in the race, of course, you'll have to drive to the pits in the proper manner.

In the race, the "Pit In" signal will light up automatically, according to your pit stop strategy, at the beginning of the lap you're supposed to pit.

However, if for some reason you won't to pit earlier, you can always do the same: hit Enter in order to light up manually the "Pit In" signal.
You can even hit Enter several times and you'll see the "Pit In" signal be on and off. That's what Hamilton did in German GP 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyVaKJpoI8o

(just kidding. Have fun! If you need help trying the more than 200 circuits existing in this site, or in using the Editor to create a game even harder than the Ace level, just shoot.)