Nine new tracks for GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Nine new tracks for GP2

Post by rremedio »

Yes, there is the Slot and Tyre Editor (for the most recent version, click on the image on my signature). But if you have never changed the magic data, I have no idea about what the problem may be. Even using "wrong" magic data that wouldn't happen because you need very extreme values (which are not in the original magic data for any slot) to create that effect.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Thanks again for kind reply.
I downloaded the tools and may find some time to fiddle a little bit with it.
Anyway, the race options is working fine :-)
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Attention: SPA 2019 - New cc-line
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16984&p=33991#p33991

Guys, please, download Spa-Francorchamps 2019 again. We updated the attached file above, after rremedio updated the cc-line with several good improvements.
Have fun!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

:D Hey guys, I'm back!
Thanks to Henning I got to solve my login and password problem, I was away from this forum during the last weeks.

Now I'm releasing two new GP2 tracks of the last Formula One season. The first of this weekend:

:arrow: MONZA 2019 - Italy
Monza_Italy_2019.zip
(824.26 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
mza1.PNG
mza2.PNG
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

And now the second track of this return:

:arrow: MONTRÉAL 2019 - Canada
Montreal_Canada_2019.zip
(834.88 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
mtl1.PNG
mtl2.PNG
Have a lot of fun, guys!
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:
21.03.2020, 05:20
samsepi0l wrote:
13.03.2020, 04:23
Antonio - is there anyway you can do the CART 1990/1991 track at Denver? I see that this track was completed by Mikael Olsson back in 2000 because it's available on the "tracks download" section but in the track information file it says that the author had no clue what the surroundings looked like so the surroundings are just made up. Maybe it would be simple to modify his version and give him credit?

I see this race is now on youtube so if you need a reference there is a full video:
1991 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuujK7BvW0
1990 Denver - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5t0gAhqpQ

Great idea!

Really this track pass a little bit through my mind several months ago. When I was watching the videotape of 1990 Indycar Denver Grand Prix, I realized that track deserved a better looking.

It's on my wishlist for the future!

Now with the isolation time in home for everybody due the Covid-19 outbreak, it's probably I'll get some time during April or May to move some bits and data on Mikael's Denver!
Antonio - great work on all these new tracks.... any interest in doing the cart 1990 denver?
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
26.04.2020, 22:17
Antonio Pessoa wrote:
21.03.2020, 05:20

Great idea!

Really this track pass a little bit through my mind several months ago. When I was watching the videotape of 1990 Indycar Denver Grand Prix, I realized that track deserved a better looking.

It's on my wishlist for the future!

Now with the isolation time in home for everybody due the Covid-19 outbreak, it's probably I'll get some time during April or May to move some bits and data on Mikael's Denver!
Antonio - great work on all these new tracks.... any interest in doing the cart 1990 denver?
Yes! I started to check Mikael's 1990 Denver this morning. Probably during this week the track could progress some more, depending the time available. I definitely like that 1990-91 Denver, much more than 2002-06 ChampCar Denver.
GP2 TrackMaker
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

owwww i have been missing from the forum lately.. and i have seen that many exciting new things have appeared.. the tracks look awesome..many thanks to those who have made them :) :) :) :)
minardi
GP2 Starter

Post by minardi »

Would it be possible for one of our outstanding track makers to do any of these proposed F1 circuits?

Beirut Street Circuit
beirut-gp-Copy.jpg

Rome Street Circuit
Rp5TIFo.jpg

Palermo (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
ARG Parque Palermo (2).jpg
ARG Parque Palermo (2).jpg (67.86 KiB) Viewed 19268 times
minardi
GP2 Starter

Post by minardi »

A few more

Fuengirola
unnamed.jpg

Moscow Street Circuit
RUS Moscow F1 1982.gif

Athens
dielpisporject.jpg

I think any one of these would be a good addition to our expanding library of tracks
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

if the suggestion books are open :D :D , I can point to https://www.racingcircuits.info/ and add two items from Portugal:
- Vila Real
- an update of the existing Porto (Boavista) track, as used recently by the WTCC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ktISPTtbiY

I could also include two versions of Suzuka:
- a modern one
- a revised Suzuka 1987-2002 with one of the two previous versions of the chicane, pre-2003, because it is no more a decent overtaking spot. And the pre-2002 130R, too. (I understand the 130R was changed because of McNish crash in 2002, but I don't understand why they changed the chicane)

I have to make a big compliment to track builders. Latest iterations show that your tracks make the driving clearly more realistic than the original GP2 tracks. Spa and Montreal are excellent examples of this. And I think none of the existing Suzukas changed a lot of the original track, even if John Edwards improved turn 1 and Degner (what do you think is the most realistic current Suzuka version)?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Work on the current Suzuka has been started last weekend (still not much done. I think I've got the layout right, but the height changes, cclines and graphics are yet to be done).

I think all of the available GP2 versions were made before most, if not all, the early 2000s changes to the track layout (they changed 130R twice, the chicane layout, the pit entrance and they made some changes to the first sector) so there isn't really any great representation of the current track, tho none of them is very bad. If I had to pick one of them, I would use the ones with the original data since there are some ccline problems with John Edwards' version.
Early 90s F1 forever!
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Another page in the 'suggestion book' : Formula E MOD!!!

Has anyone plans/skills for the making a Formula E mod carset - Carshape - Sounds and finally: The Formula E city circuits!!??

Just a kind suggestion for consideration :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Vila Real looks very interesting.

A track that I would like to see but I can never include in my projects is the current Kyalami. Despite the killing of my favourite section of the old track, it still looks very nice.

Some other tracks I plan to eventually make if nobody else does:

Opatija, Croatia

Summit Point, USA

There are other tracks I'd like to see, most of them are being worked by another track maker who is fixing some computer problems before he can come back to track editing (Knockhill, Virginia, Thruxton and others).

And for my part, I've been having a renewed interest in finishing Portrero de los Funes, after I sharpened my scenery editing skills with the 2019 F1 project. So it may be the next thing I do after that project is complete.
Early 90s F1 forever!
minardi
GP2 Starter

Post by minardi »

I like the Opatija track