What's your Favorite Track for GP2 ????

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Belatti
GP2 Starter

Re: What's your Favorite Track for GP2 ????

Post by Belatti »

Here is what I promised
I started the Monaco race just to show how easy it is \:D/
You can see the Jerez race file I was doing till last month, now I`m short of time :cry:
If you want to see more of it download the utility to exend replay time

More Details in the readme file :wink:

NOTE: sorry for being so OOT
Attachments
keyboard manual shifting.rar
(145.95 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

You are right, GP2 is quite easy but maybe that is also part of the motivation :wink: I`ve never tried GP4 with keys and on my current PC the game hangs up permanently (I`m using a steering wheel here) :(

But the possibility to drive every season from the beginning from the F1 until nowaday is the main cause I still play this game =D>

[back2topic=TRUE]
Currently I`m thinking of driving a season with the best F1 tracks of all time, so what would be a good scedule in your oppinion?

Round 1: U.S.A. - Phoenix
Until my early F1GP days, I consider this track a great season opener and really like that track.

Round 2: Brazil - Interlagos or Rio?
Truly a hard decission, I like both tracks :-k

Round 3: San Marino - Imola (1994 version or 2003?)
I really love that track, and like both layouts, but I tend to use the older one, the classic Aque Minerale is awesome IMO

Round 4: Monace - Monte Carlo
No question, this is a must have

Round 5: Spain - Barcelona (1991 layout)
This track is also quite nice, but I like the older version without the additional curves more.

Round 6: Austria - A1 Ring (1997 version)
I always loved the races here and the layout is great IMO. I scored my first Racing Simulation 2 victory here in a underpowered Ligier and monsune conditions. I also love the Salzburgring, but that would not fit for a F1 season.

Round 7: France - Paul Ricard (long or short) or Dijon?
Magny Cour is a nice circit, but not one of my favorites. Le Castelet/Paul Ricard was much better! I doubt the short version of it, would fit actual F1 standarts.
Dijon is also a great track, but I tend to give PR long the slot.

Round 8: Great Britain - Silverstone 1991
The 1991er layout provides the most fun IMO, before it was a fast (but unchallengeing) circuit and the actual layout is also not as good as it has been

Round 9: Germany - Hockenheim
The long Hockenheimring-track must not be left out. I always loved the races here

Round 10: Hungary - Hungaroring or Europe - Donington Park (1993er SEGA version)
The Hungaroring is qutie challengeing and provides more fun than most other people might think, Donington is also a quite nice track

Round 11: Belgium - Spa Francorchamps
Also a classic, not one of my all time favorites, but I still had always much fun driving here.

Round 12: Italy - Monza (pre 2000 layout or actual?)
Monza has always been one of my favorite tracks and I scored my first GP2 victory here...ages ago. The question here is which layout it shall be? I like both versions of the first chicane, but tend to the older layout

Round 13: Portugal - Estoril
This is an awesome track! The first 2 and the last corners are at high speed, the middle sections provides much fun, definitaly one of my favorite tracks!

Round 14: Mexico - Mexico City
Undoubtly one of my favorite tracks, I enjoy every minute I drive here. TK`s version is hillarious

Round 15: Japan - Suzuka or Aida?
A hard decission, Suzuka is truly a classic but somehow I also love the TI Aida circuit.

Round 16: Australia - Adelaide
Somehow I like this track more than Melbourne and Australia has always been a great end of the season.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I think this may be the start of an interesting debate!

My own personal fantasy F1 season would consist of the following (not all these are necessarily F1 tracks):

Round 1: The season opener has to start with a bang, I always thought Interlagos started off the season well during the 1990's thanks to its fast but technical nature, and the crowd there has always been special. Certainly I always preferred Interlagos to Jacarepagua.

Round 2: Moving up the Americas, I'd love to see Mexico City back. Similarly to Interlagos, it had a great atmosphere and the Peralta was an awesome corner.

Round 3: Over to California now and Long Beach. Great street circuit. It shows that street tracks aren't always boring!

Round 4: Into Europe, and Imola in its original configuration. Tamburello was a great corner, even with the negative associations it has now. And this was always a great place to start the European season.

Round 5: Over to France now for a trip to the great Rouen circuit. I love every inch of this track. It's awesome, and I'd love to see current F1 cars tackle it!

Round 6: And now to Monaco. You've got to have this in! It's a rubbish circuit really but what a challenge, and Monte Carlo and F1 are made for each other.

Round 7: Brands Hatch next, a looping, up-and-down track with great views from everywhere and a great place to watch F1.

Round 8: Over the Pyrenees for a visit to Montjuich Park. Another great street circuit, but one that can actually produce decent racing!

Round 9: And while we're on the Iberian peninsula, why not take in a trip to Estoril? An under-rated track, with some great corners (particularly at the start) I always hoped that it would make an F1 comeback but it's never happened. Although it would have to be without the fiddly slow corners towards the end of the lap.

Round 10: Over to the UK for Silverstone, in it's mid-1980's guise. Super-quick circuit as Rosberg proved in 1985 (he took a record for qualifying, he averaged 160mph...). And another track with a great atmosphere.

Round 11: Germany next, and it could only be the Nordschleife!

Round 12: And next up, Spa-Francorchamps. Another awesome circuit, in current and pre-1971 form. Although the challenge of Eau Rouge has been sanitised a little. I'd have that changed!

Round 13: Back to Italy, and Monza pre-chicanes for a slipstreaming frenzy, along with some Tifosi madness.

Round 14: Over to the USA for a North American leg. Road America is an awesome circuit and I'd love to see F1 cars on there. I could never understand why F1 used to race on piddling little circuits like Detroit when the US had great tracks like this!

Round 15: And after Road America, Montreal. Not a brilliant track but always seems to produce something interesting and another place with a good atmosphere.

Round 16: Closing the season, Australia. Adelaide was a great place to end the season, but I always preferred Surfers Paradise. Perhaps they could share the race...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

Hum....let's go !

Round 1 : Old and long Buenos Aires.

Round 2 : Old and long Interlagos ( God, this is a great Track ! \:D/ )

Round 3 : Virginia Raceway (USA).

Round 4 : Mosport Park.

Round 5 : Le Mans ( or Montlhery ).

Round 6 : Brands Hatch.

Round 7 : Monaco.

Round 8 : Monza Full Circuit.

Round 9 : Old Spa-Francorchamps.

Round 10 : The Old and Fantastic Nurburgring ( for Europe GP )

Round 11 : Old Osterreichring.

Round 12 : Old Zandvoort.

Round 13 : Old Hockenheim ( Germany GP ).

Round 14 : Montjuch.

Round 15 : Suzuka ( without chicane ).

Round 16 : Old and long Fuji ( for Pacific GP ).

What you think ??? :-k

(Please, say YES !!! [-o< )

Regards for All. :)
Chico Landi
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

Sorry, but I was wrong. ](*,) #-o

Round 16 : Mt. Panorama ( Bathurst ).

Now are OK :wink:
Chico Landi
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

You've all come up with exciting F1 calendars, but in Great Britain, I'd choose another venue over Brands Hatch and Silverstone.
I think Oulton Park in full length, in an F1 car is pretty amazing and challenging. =P~
I never cared for or liked Brands Hatch to be honoust, I think it's not really challenging, it's too short, has little place to overtake and it's just boring. :-$
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Oulton Park is indeed a classic circuit. I'm sure I could squeeze it in as a European Grand Prix in rotation with Reims or the old Hockenheim or something...

And to be honest, I'd forgot about Mount Panorama, so maybe Surfer's would have to fight for it!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Oulton Park sounds like an interesting option for me, seems like I have to check out Rouen, maybe I have missed some things here :mrgreen:

I agree that Brands Hatch would be slightly too small for a f1 race, but it would definitaly be a track other (extrem laptimes) than the rest :-k

Long Beach is also a great track, I always loved the races in Indycar Racing there, seems that I also take a look at this one :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

As it's a GP2 tracks list, I've added some nice fantasy tracks. I don't know if you guys already know tracks like Castries or Hellesylt, but they are really beautiful and fun.

1. SAF - Welkom (or Kyalami)
2. St. Lucia - Castries
3. Canada - Toronto (if there was a better gp2 version, I'd pick Mont Tremblant)
4. France - Paul Ricard (or Saint Etienne or Pau or Issoire or 70ies Djon)
5. UK - Donington Park (or Brands Hatch)
6. Austria - Salzburgring (or 70ies Osterreichring)
7. Belgium - Spa
8. Holand - Zandvoort (Assen is also a great choice)
9. Sweden - Falkenberg
10. Norway - Hellesylt
11. Croacia - Rijeka
12. Ucrania - Yalta-Kiev
13. Czech Republic - Most
14. Italy - Autodromo Caccere
15. Japan - Suzuka (old Fuji is also great)
16. Australia - Surfers Paradise (or Bathurst)

Usual F1 tracks really make me bored...
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

And for the best F1 tracks of all time:

1. SAF - Kyalami
2. Brazil - old Interlagos
3. San Marino - Imola (modern track or the Non-Championship track used once in the 70ies)
4. France - Clermont Ferrand (or Dijon or Rouen)
5. Monaco - Montecarlo (50ies)
6. Holand - Zandvoort (non-chicaned version)
7. UK - Donington or Brands Hatch
8. Switzerland - Bern-Bremgarten
9. Germany - Nordschleife
10. Austria - Osterreichring
11. Belgium - Spa
12. Italy - Monza ('55 with banked oval)
13. Canada - Mosport Park (or Montreal or Mont Tremblant)
14. USA - Watkins Glen (old short track)
15. Mexico - Mexico City (old track)
16. Japan - Suzuka (or old Fuji)
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Just tried Rouen out, it`s really an amazeing track, but I think it would fit better for WRC rather than F1 :)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I love driving Rouen, it's brilliant fun! The bit at the start with the sweeping curves, it feels like every time you attempt it you might not come out the other side! God knows what it must have been like for Fangio and everyone!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Greyhead wrote:I love driving Rouen, it's brilliant fun! The bit at the start with the sweeping curves, it feels like every time you attempt it you might not come out the other side! God knows what it must have been like for Fangio and everyone!
That`s also my fav section of it, really amazeing :D I wonder, why this has not been in a fictional "best of" track so far :-k
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

Apart from the classics like Spa, Monaco, Suzuka etc. i like more and more the tracks with no particular long straight(s) like Kyalami 1992, Dallas 1984, Jarama, Brands Hatch, Zolder, Jerez and Budapest. I found them very cool. It's sometimes tricky to overtake the CCs and youre always busy with steering, breaking and accelerating. I like this, it requires high concentration in a long distance race.

Absolutly terrible to me is Hockenheim, where i never managed to finish a race in the points. With his long boring straights I always fell asleep and missed one of the chicanes (okay, the first one is pretty cool to drive, but the others :-& ).
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

my favourite track ever is Krater, it's really beautiful and shows just what track editor is capable of, though very unrealistic for todays world. maybe in the future...