What's your Favorite Track for GP2 ????

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
tmc
GP2 Starter

Re: What's your Favorite Track for GP2 ????

Post by tmc »

Belatti wrote: By the way, I play in Ace , 100% race lenght, have no steering wheel, just keyboard. Played the game since 1997 till maybe 2000, never competed with anyone :(
You are playing the Ace-Level with Keyboard? :shock: Do you shift by yourself? Are you able to win races? Can you post some laptimes in race-configuration?

greetz
tmc
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That's how I played for years, too... I did try out a crappy steering wheel way back in 1996, but I've never really gotten into this "pseudo-realistic" style of having a wheel on your table to play a computer game... :mrgreen:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

#-o

i have information enough now. I already had much, in not much time by myself. So it's on the list. I will make it after the track i'm working on now, and just started on, the Salzburgring.

The Chicanes are damn fast, by the way :shock: . Would be great to drive it like that fast :P
Last edited by TdK on 15.12.2007, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Chapolin Colorado
GP2 Newbie

Post by Chapolin Colorado »

For Gp2, i like Imola 1987...
Bruno Pagiola
GP2CUP - Concorde Mitsubishi #0
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

sorry to drag this topic up but I wanted my say!
LOL
doubt anyone will read ut but here goes...

Enjoyable ones and for different reasons are:
Silverstone '91 - high curbs make becketts complex and stowe corner just awsome cos you gotta be inch perfect!
Monza - original GP2 track - under braking and turn in at Ascari just fab! Trying to keep car under control while trying to be as fast as you can through parabolica is brilliant.

But my ultimate and favourite track has to be............
wait for it..........
Hungary!!!!!!!!!!!
The track, in any layout is brilliant. High downforce ensures the only way you can be quicker than others is just on how fast you are into and out of the turns.
It's like a kart track and when you get the car set up so it has a little oversteer, it can change direction so fast, but god help you if you don't catch the slide quick enough!
I just love the track

but there are so many out there that are fun to drive...

Personally I have always played with Keyboard and NEVER use F7 during the races. Occasionally I might use it at the start (if 1st gear is set low) but I always prefer to control with the foot (or should I say keyboard fingers!)
LOL
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Now that requires some skills, if you're driving with a normal setup... I've tried testing in GP4 without traction control and it's really tricky...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

I haven't used it wheneverI've used the GP2-original carset (that was bloody tricky!)
But whatever carset I use, I never use F7 - I actually find it makes my lap times slower!
I just set my car up, and go...
:o)
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

this is the carset I am about to start using...

can you take a look and tell me what you think of my settings, are they about the same as what you all use?
Attachments
1993.rar
(257.79 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

MaxD1976 wrote:this is the carset I am about to start using...

can you take a look and tell me what you think of my settings, are they about the same as what you all use?
There are some differences to the carsets I use:
Your fastest car: HP: 750/750 Grip: 15745/15865
Mine: HP: 780/790 Grip: 16000/16020

Your Weight: 500
mine: 596

Your Grip factor: 398
mine: 198

my cars are also slightly more fragile (accourding to the car damage)

That are the differences between our two 1993 car sets ;)

For newer carsets I leave the car powers unchanged, due I think that they are good setted up. When I ride a race for a "weaker" team, I raise the grip factor to make it more realisitic and challengeing.

I use keyboard with F2 and F7 and I`m able to win (on ace level) - With my old Win98-PC and Joystick I didn`t have to use any driving aid and was much faster than today. Maybe it`s the "I`m getting older and slower"-phenomenum or I just can blame the keys :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MaxD1976
GP2 Newbie

Post by MaxD1976 »

thanks for taking a look MäxX.

now, I have never fully understood about the grip settings for AI cars or mine. All I know is that when I come to the start of each season, I have to spend ages changing my grip factor sometimes from either 228 to 398. With my current carset, my first setting was at 198 and if I remember correctly, I was about 1.5s quicker than Prost in the bloomin' Williams around Silverstone!
So I finally set it at 398 and I just about have it right.
But if someone could properly explain to me what they all mean I would be greatful...

Whenever I have tried mucking about with various settings, my car always ends up about 2 seconds quicker than my nearest rival.
I LIKE TO THINBK I'M PRETTY GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GOOD!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

I've a lot of favourite tracks.... but one I like so much, was produced by Addie Walti, more than 10 years ago (!), Bremgarten, Switzerland. So beautiful scenary, and so fast track, like the 30's and 50's!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Edgars Erix
GP2 Gamer

Post by Edgars Erix »

Yeah, I love that track too! There is only one (I quess) bug in the track - a splashing scenery that makes the whole screen black for a while as you are passing the pit entrance.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I like that Bremgarten track too, it's absolutely mad! Took me ages to do a full lap without destroying my car when I first downloaded this circuit. I like the alternative versions as well (the black and white one is ace)
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Belatti
GP2 Starter

Post by Belatti »

tmc wrote:
Belatti wrote: By the way, I play in Ace , 100% race lenght, have no steering wheel, just keyboard. Played the game since 1997 till maybe 2000, never competed with anyone :(
You are playing the Ace-Level with Keyboard? :shock: Do you shift by yourself? Are you able to win races? Can you post some laptimes in race-configuration?

greetz
tmc
tmc, sorry for the late answer :oops:
I promise tomorrow I will post here some hotlap with 1994 "standard" GP2 configuration in Jerez or Estoril (the two tracks were I told I have got problems) in Ace difficulty level with Keyboard.
I´m able to win all races exept from Jerez (without Schumacher I won Portugal, that is quite difficult)
As I said, GP2 is relatively easy (but more difficult than F1GP)
GP3 is worthless
GP4 is very good, but as easy as GP2, in fact there are tracks like Indy where I can start in the last row and lead the race in less than 8 laps (Ace level, Keyboard too :wink: )

As an advice, if you make engine overreving while downshift it helps a lot to reduce braking distances. GP2 telemetry shows RPM climb till 20000rpm (15000rpm is max in normal conditions)