2017 Season will soon be here

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

2017 Season will soon be here

Post by gagarin »

I shall once again endeavour to post the new 2017 F1 cars teams and drivers as soon as they are released and hope to have them ready before the season starts
Kind regards
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: 2017 Season will soon be here

Post by roland ratzenberger »

good to hear that
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Very good! Nice to hold the game alive.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Really, really nice. Thanks. I'm playing seasons harder than Ace level of the original game, "Gp2edited", and I'll gladly use it. By the way, I once asked for a Google team car but our fellow designer did not finish it after the mock-up, I wonder if you would be able to do it. Thanks
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

ismael wrote:Really, really nice. Thanks. I'm playing seasons harder than Ace level of the original game, "Gp2edited", and I'll gladly use it. By the way, I once asked for a Google team car but our fellow designer did not finish it after the mock-up, I wonder if you would be able to do it. Thanks

hello mate.. can you tell me how to do this.. by this i mean what parameters i need to change to make the game harder than the original ace level?
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hi! Sure, it's quite simple and "difficult" - you just have to use the GP2Edit software we have in the site. The same way you can edit the carset, drivers names and helmets, etc., you can edit the Horsepower of each team engine, and the Grip each driver will have (and the Random Grip Range, a concept that Tim de Klein explained quite clearly in this forum, once.) And select the option "Use Selected Team Power", in Performance > Car Settings.

Then, just save those changes along with the carset and export it to your game.

In the original game, you would use, in race, 780 HP against Schumacher's 750 HP and 16384 grip. Would you be able to race, for example, with Jos Verstappen, using the same 750 HP, and win the championship like that?!... Or is it just impossible, like Tim de Klein also said in this forum once?...

Another shot: Place you and Fernando Alonso with grip 16184, in the same team, using "selected team power", and so having the same horsepower. Would you beat him over the 16 races?...

I can suggest you to read my post from September 9th of last year, "Question for Everyone: 6th Difficulty Level, beyond Ace", it's still among the latest 10 posts.

Note: Tim de Klein suggests that if you do too much updates to your game, it may get corrupted. I've did that (too much, over the last 15 months) and the drivers grip turned weird, and TdK was very kind suggesting that. So, if you're trying new seasons, I suggest to install a new game and export the carser when you're about to start the new season.
HoBi
GP2 Newbie

Post by HoBi »

Hey! Did anyone get the 2017 cars going :D ! I don't want this to be the first year with no mod available :O !!! Since 1950 lol