Question for Everyone: 6th Difficulty Level, beyond Ace

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Question for Everyone: 6th Difficulty Level, beyond Ace

Post by ismael »

Hello everyone,

I have a simples question, but before that let me just congratulate all the community and Geoff Crammond and his team, as on this summer (winter in southern Hemisphere) we're celebrating the 20 years of Grand Prix 2 launch in it's several markets. Thank you all!

I found this website and forum in 2015 and (slowly, as I'm no more a teenager) I'm taking the game where I left it, more than 15 years ago, after being champion at Ace Level, 100% Race Distance. I am now trying to do better than that, thanks to GP2Edit (and everything else).

As we all know, GP2 in Ace level gives us a car with 780 HP (race), no matter which team we use, as the "Selected Team Power" option, only available through GP2Edit, is off. Being Schumacher our main rival, the top challenge would be beating him for the championship. Obviously, according to history books, to our GP2 experience and GP2Edit Race Performance Calculator, Damon Hill would be our rival number 2.

Back in my teenage, I played Coulthard. Not only I was able to match myself against the top two drivers of 1994, but I was also playing against the car (Hill) that had the same HP than mine, as the 780 HP was also the Renault V10 power (although I was not aware of this, at that time. If I knew, I would have played Verstappen and face Coulthard also as a rival, as he's third on the GP2Edit Race Performance Calculator.)

Winning at Ace with Coulthard means to beat a 16384 grip rival, with a +30 HP gap (that was Schumacher's grip and Ford's engine 750 HP, race). I've also beat a team mate (same HP than me) with 15980 (Hill's grip, which I just assume it's 400 less than Schumacher.)

Now, thanks to GP2Edit, I am trying to play at a "6th difficulty level", meaning something harder than Ace Level, and I don't know how far could I go. The only difference is that now I race 50% Race Distance.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE: WHAT DID YOU ACHIEVE IN GP2 CHAMPIONSHIPS, BEYOND ACE LEVEL? (and with which Race Distance?)

To simplify, let's not take into account Car Failure Probability or Random Grip Range, as I try to keep the same levels, or quite low. Did you win against a 16384 grip rival as your team mate (same race HP)? Against a 16484 rival with +30 HP gap? A 16384 grip rival with +20 or +10 HP gap? A 16084 rival with -20 HP gap?

Thanks!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Question for Everyone: 6th Difficulty Level, beyond Ace

Post by ismael »

I'll change this question a little: who have won GP2 (original) in Ace Level, and with what Race Distance?
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

i have win with gerhard berger at 100% race distance but with car failures deactivated.. it is in my plans to start a championship again with berger but with the car failures activated
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

That's interesting! Car failures deactivated, but having Coulthard has as opponent, while I had Berger has as (weaker) opponent instead. Let me pose you a detailed question: how far did you go on car settings?

I'm asking because in the 90ies (and as far as I remember, as I lost all records) I did not use bumps, rebounds, packers and anti-roll bar. I remember I won just for 3 of 4 points, and thanks to wins in Suzuka and Adelaide where everyone goes fast (I think), and I thought that if I learned to master those details, I could be even quicker. (But then Grand Prix 3 appearead, and then adulthood, etc.)

Right now I'm using them all - I just didn't tried yet assimetrical set-ups. I'm doing good against a teammate with 16184 at 50% race distance, but I think there's more to go.

(What about playing original GP2 with Verstappen and using Selected Team Power?!)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

ismael wrote:
08.05.2017, 20:07
That's interesting! Car failures deactivated, but having Coulthard has as opponent, while I had Berger has as (weaker) opponent instead. Let me pose you a detailed question: how far did you go on car settings?

I'm asking because in the 90ies (and as far as I remember, as I lost all records) I did not use bumps, rebounds, packers and anti-roll bar. I remember I won just for 3 of 4 points, and thanks to wins in Suzuka and Adelaide where everyone goes fast (I think), and I thought that if I learned to master those details, I could be even quicker. (But then Grand Prix 3 appearead, and then adulthood, etc.)

Right now I'm using them all - I just didn't tried yet assimetrical set-ups. I'm doing good against a teammate with 16184 at 50% race distance, but I think there's more to go.

(What about playing original GP2 with Verstappen and using Selected Team Power?!)

hello i just have seen your question and my answer i quite simple i do not know.. my brother fix the setup for me.,, he knows my driving style and he makes an extraordinary job.. HE IS MY RACE ENGINNEER
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Cool! True team work!!... Ask your brother if he uses assimetrical set-up...