Car Painting, Jams, and Transparency

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Car Painting, Jams, and Transparency

Post by tlm70 »

I've recently noticed that some of the sportscar car shapes by FK have transparent textures on the front end that can be viewed in the Car Shape Editor but I'm not sure what function it serves. I understand that some parts of the car shape such as the textures on the bottom of the car can be viewed in the Jam Editor and painted but I don't know how to access other parts such as the inner panels that are normally not seen on the outside of the car shape. Can all of the textures of the car shapes viewed in the Car Shape Editor also be viewed and painted in the Jam Editor?

I'd also like to know if the car jam used for painting the car liveries can also have transparent sections. I've tried to use the green background color to paint some of the parts of the car liveries jam in an attempt to make them transparent when viewed in GP2 but they always show up as black areas rather than invisible. Is there some kind of procedure that I'm missing or is it just not possible?