gp2lap ipxlink?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
FredPestana
GP2 Newbie

gp2lap ipxlink?

Post by FredPestana »

Hi. Does gp2lap ipxlink works in new versions of windows? windows 7? i do the steps in the gp2lap.txt, but it doesnt work.
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Re: gp2lap ipxlink?

Post by tlm70 »

I've personally never been able to get it to work, but I did manage to successfully use the Link-Up option in GP2 to connect two simultaneous running DOSBox sessions to emulate two players on two separate computers playing against each other. Gameplay was a bit slow but I think this may because I was running two DOSBox sessions at the same time on one PC with graphics filters on in both sessions. I think it should run faster when two PCs running GP2 in DOSBox are linked via the internet but I haven't tried it with anyone yet. I'm running windows XP but it should work on any windows version as long as it can run DOSBox.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Hey, guys! All my GP2 work is on a pause, possibly until next year. But I just wanted to say that today I helped a friend test the online multiplayer with ipxlink and it worked. There are some shortcomings, but it is totally playable and we are gonna make more tests tonight. The fixed frame rate is bad because if one of the players lags, the other will lag too at the same moment. But using slightly lower frame rate (21.3 or something like that) we managed to run it smoothly. \:D/
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Great news! I'm planning to introduce my kid to multiplayer over the next 3 to 4 years, so please continue research :D