Help with Rookie Level and Automatic Brakes

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Help with Rookie Level and Automatic Brakes

Post by ismael »

Hi. I'm playing "Grand Prix 2 Manager", which is teaching my 5-year old to play GP2. I'm his set-up engineer. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble to find good set-ups to Rookie level, as the automatic brakes don't work quite well. Myself, driving with my son's car and automatic brakes, can get 2 seconds or more off the front guys' pace.

I've won the championship at Rookie level more than 16 years ago; I remember it was harder to win than at Amateur and Semi-Pro levels, but I lost the set-ups. It's too soon to teach my son not to use the automatics brakes.

Does someone have good ideas of set-ups for Rookie level and automatic brakes? Thanks
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Help with Rookie Level and Automatic Brakes

Post by roland ratzenberger »

ismael wrote:Hi. I'm playing "Grand Prix 2 Manager", which is teaching my 5-year old to play GP2. I'm his set-up engineer. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble to find good set-ups to Rookie level, as the automatic brakes don't work quite well. Myself, driving with my son's car and automatic brakes, can get 2 seconds or more off the front guys' pace.

I've won the championship at Rookie level more than 16 years ago; I remember it was harder to win than at Amateur and Semi-Pro levels, but I lost the set-ups. It's too soon to teach my son not to use the automatics brakes.

Does someone have good ideas of set-ups for Rookie level and automatic brakes? Thanks

open the main site (grand prix 2.de) go to the misc files section. and there you will find a setup for rookie mode, i do not know if it good or not but at least give it a try
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Thanks for your tip! I've been testing, some are working, some are not. Anyway, the kid as many years ahead to try stop using automatic brakes!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Just to close this subject, I just went for an alternative way: create carsets with lowered engine power and grip for the players rivals, so that the automatic brakes turn the player's car into a leading one. It's like an under-Rookie difficulty level, a "Formula 3".
GP2tifoso28
GP2 Starter

Post by GP2tifoso28 »

ismael wrote:Hi. I'm playing "Grand Prix 2 Manager", which is teaching my 5-year old to play GP2. I'm his set-up engineer. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble to find good set-ups to Rookie level, as the automatic brakes don't work quite well. Myself, driving with my son's car and automatic brakes, can get 2 seconds or more off the front guys' pace.

Hope there's more people out there introducing GP2 to a new generation. For me, Geoff Crammond is immortal.