Max/min num of teams/drivers_pitstop times_carshape editing

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Max/min num of teams/drivers_pitstop times_carshape editing

Post by tlm70 »

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find definitive answers for.

1. What is the maximum and minimum number of teams and drivers? I've seen 13, 14, and 20 for max number of teams but I'm not sure which is the correct number.

2. Can the pitstop times be increased or decreased? Seems to be stuck between 8 and 10.5 seconds.

3. Is there any other documentation on car shape editing other than the one by Paul Hoad? It seems that the numbers 128 (80 in hexadecimal) and 32768 (8000 in hexadecimal) are important but I don't quite understand exactly how they are used or what it is in particular that they affect.

I ask these questions because I'd like to start some GP2 modding to hopefully put together some 1960's/1970's era carsets and/or mods similar to the work done by FK with his sportscar carsets. His 1991 and 1992 SWC carsets are the very reasons I started playing GP2. His work greatly inspires me as well as seeing some of the great GP2 tracks of the 1960's/1970's road courses created by other GP2 modders. I have a little hex editing experience (Flight Commander 2 mods) and would like to try my hand at making some contributions to the GP2 community. Any advice, methods, or useful tips from experienced carset creators would be most welcome.
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Re: Max/min num of teams/drivers_pitstop times_carshape edit

Post by eky78 »

Hi,

1) max number of teams for GP2 is 14, minimum is 13.

2) no. As far as I know there's no way to change arbitrarily the pit-stop times. unfortunately :(

3) I have no idea...I have no experience with carshape editing...but I think someone else has the answer...

Looks like an interesting project! Is that about F1 or WSC?
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Post by tlm70 »

Thanks for the info. It's a bit disappointing but we can always hope that someone may one day find the hex values to change more stuff. I'm currently trying to put together a WSC 1960's/1970's era carset by modifying some 1967 sportscar carshapes I found on f1mania.net in the GP2 section. This is my first attempt at car editing and it's proving to be quite a challenge to edit the carshapes to the way I want them to look. I'll post some pics in the Workingarea Grand Prix 2 section.
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Well done...I like a carset around le mans. I've seen from your photos that you are doing a great work :) so go on!