Hi All - New to the forum

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
kimilauda
GP2 Newbie

Hi All - New to the forum

Post by kimilauda »

Hello.
I used to play a lot of GP2 back in the day and have been missing it very much. No other driving game was quite the same for me.

My question is, of course, is there a way to still play this game on today's PCs? Also, I have a Thrustmaster F1 wheel with old style (serial?) connection. Can it also be used with some sort of USB adapter?

Thanks, Kimi
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Hi All - New to the forum

Post by roland ratzenberger »

kimilauda wrote:Hello.
I used to play a lot of GP2 back in the day and have been missing it very much. No other driving game was quite the same for me.

My question is, of course, is there a way to still play this game on today's PCs? Also, I have a Thrustmaster F1 wheel with old style (serial?) connection. Can it also be used with some sort of USB adapter?

Thanks, Kimi
hello friend .. first of all yes.. you can play the game in todays pc.. to begin with download dosbox and install it... it takes just second to download it and not even one minute to install it... furthermore you can find gp2 and download it in many sites .. just google it and you will find plenty,, if cou cant just pm me and i will give you a site in a private message... my answer in the other question is i dont know
tlm70
GP2 Newbie

Re: Hi All - New to the forum

Post by tlm70 »

Welcome to the forum!
As Roland mentioned, DOSBox is definitely the way to go. I also suggest that you use a utility called GP2Lap. It introduces some enhancements that weren't available with the original release of GP2. If you have any problems getting GP2 to run in DOSBox, I can modify my DOSBox configuration files for you.

DOSBox seems to be optimized for usb connectivity, so I think there is a possibility that your Thrustmaster F1 wheel could work with a usb adapter. If your wheel connects via a gameport (15 pin, DB15), it might be a good idea to purchase one of the more expensive adapters such as the Rockfire USB game port Adapter. You can read some customer reviews for it here: http://www.amazon.com/game-Adapter-Rock ... 5+gameport