lapped ai cars

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
brakefailure
GP2 Newbie

lapped ai cars

Post by brakefailure »

Hello forum members ,

I recently discovered this excellent program and it seems to be running reasonably well. The game came
with dos-box included all setup ready to go.
My computer is very old and i think its only just capable of playing this.

I know there are alot of mods and adjustments you can make to this game but i have none which brings me to a question or two.

1.) If you are coming up on a lapped ai cars are they ment to move off racing line or slow down .. i havent seen any
blue flags and they seem to be blocking me if anything.

2.) In drive options when it says opposition spread and you tick random would that mean the ai teams/drivers per race are
randomly chosen who is faster?
eg. Damon hill could qualify last on grid and Olivier Panis could be 1st etc ?
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: lapped ai cars

Post by RacerBG »

1) Just overtake them.
2) Yes.

By the way what system specs you have? If you are lucky enough you could install Windows 98SE and have a real retro gamer PC. :)
brakefailure
GP2 Newbie

Post by brakefailure »

Hello RacerBG ,

yes overtaking them with caution on straights seems the best option.
I thought there might be a patch/mod that might allow the cc to move aside etc.

as for my computer its not that old i exagerated a fraction probably but put it this way it would not run f1 2013 good ...but hey i have that for xbox and i much prefer playing this game anyway. :D
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

brakefailure wrote:Hello RacerBG ,

yes overtaking them with caution on straights seems the best option.
I thought there might be a patch/mod that might allow the cc to move aside etc.

as for my computer its not that old i exagerated a fraction probably but put it this way it would not run f1 2013 good ...but hey i have that for xbox and i much prefer playing this game anyway. :D

two things my friend.. when you try to lap cars .. they step aside slightly... this what happens to me.. and the second and most important .. i know many people who had played f1 2013 and almost immediately they return back to older games .. (grand prix 4, rfactor ,etc) as far as i am concerned i play gp2 and gp4 but i prefer gp2 for many reasons..(waste of time to mention it there) but in december i downloaded f1 2013 by nosteam.. and after 2-3 races.. i return back in gp2... to sum up i prefer gp2 with the 2013 carset and the tracks i have download from here than the codecrappers f1 2013
brakefailure
GP2 Newbie

Post by brakefailure »

Hello Roland :D

Yes you are correct i agree with you 100%.

I have been playing f1 games for years from pole position and pitstop on c64 right through to the graphic excellence that graces our pc's and consoles today.

The games of yesterday may not have the eye candy of today but they make up for it with content and substance and GP2 being a prime example.

Failures and retirements are a big thing for me ... I want to see a big list of DNF , i want to see striken drivers on the side of the circuit trapped in the kitty litter and GP2 delivers on all counts 8)

i dont know about F1 2013 on pc because i have not played it but the console version looks nice but doesnt cut it when it comes to failures and retirements. this may not be a big issue for some but for me it is . If EA could do it in a psx game in 2000 ...then no excuses now in my opinion.

Gp2 is great man i cant get enough 8)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

brakefailure wrote:Hello Roland :D

Yes you are correct i agree with you 100%.

I have been playing f1 games for years from pole position and pitstop on c64 right through to the graphic excellence that graces our pc's and consoles today.

The games of yesterday may not have the eye candy of today but they make up for it with content and substance and GP2 being a prime example.

Failures and retirements are a big thing for me ... I want to see a big list of DNF , i want to see striken drivers on the side of the circuit trapped in the kitty litter and GP2 delivers on all counts 8)

i dont know about F1 2013 on pc because i have not played it but the console version looks nice but doesnt cut it when it comes to failures and retirements. this may not be a big issue for some but for me it is . If EA could do it in a psx game in 2000 ...then no excuses now in my opinion.

Gp2 is great man i cant get enough 8)
you are right my friend.. as fas i am concerned i play only f1 2013 with my friends when they come and visit me.. for me it is an arcade game.. grand prix 2 of course does not have all this <<luxury>> graphics but i think it is most a similation game than the f12013...just to enforce my attitude let me tell you an exaple ..5 years ago i had started a championship with fellipe Massa at pro level .. i had a great fight with jenson button..and after a great season we came to the last race.. MELBOURBE.. (i had change the circuits , but not the order).. i am 2 points behind jenson and i need a victory.. in the starting grid i am first and jenson 3.. in the start jesnon crashes with alonso.. and they are out.. as you understand i think i was certain champion..BUT 4 LAPS BEFORE THE END I HAD AN OIL LEAK PROBLEM .AND I DIDN FINISH THE RACE.. I LOST THE CHAMPIONSHIP.. .. EVEN IT IS FRUSTRATING AT THE FIRST TIME .. IT GIVES YOU A SENSE OF REALISM THAT F1 2013 HAD NOT GIVEN TO ME.. EVEN AT THIS FEW RACES I HAD
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Completely agree with you! No game have the realism of Gp2..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

And one last thing from me: If for any reason you are feeling always slower than your opponents - cheat a little. :lol: Go to GP2 Edit, make them with 50-100 kg heavier than you and enjoy! 8)