What would work....?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rafael39
GP2 Newbie

What would work....?

Post by Rafael39 »

I have an old AMD Sempron 2600+ with Windows XP computer, and I wanted to use it for gaming.

What games would work nicely on that? (I have GP2 installed on it, but each lap takes around 3 minutes to be done!)

~~Yamisae kudaku chikara de homoemu~~
Yuki ~ Keiko ~ Wakana ~ Hikaru
CROSSGA†E | Facebook
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: What would work....?

Post by RacerBG »

If you want to use it for retro games I could use on it Windows 98 SE. Then GP2 for sure will run better and every other DOS/ Windows 9x games. :) You can grab Windows 98 for free from somewhere, you know that no one sell it nowadays.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

For GP2, VDMS will be faster than DOSBox at WindowsXP. A lot of old games will work nicely, but I can't give you a good list (long time since using Win7).

I remember that GP Legends and rFactor (using DX7) worked on my AMD Duron 1.8mHz with 1.2GB ram and 256MB graphics card. Old console emulators would run fine too (ePSX was the most demanding, I think). Some games would require compatibility mode, but the system was mainly used to play GP2, Fusion (Mega Drive emulator) and MAME.

GP3/GP3 2000 worked nicely (despite some XP related problems, like not being able to watch hotlaps) and GP4 would run at very low graphics settings.

What kind of games interest you? GP2 is probably the most demanding game for playing with DOSBox.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Rafael39
GP2 Newbie

Post by Rafael39 »

Yeah, I intended to try GP4 with a 2013 mod, and other racing simulators. (Like the Indy and NASCAR ones.)
Others sports (like football) would run only with very old games, so I don't know if that would me interesting.

Any ideas?

My GP2 version is embedded in a DosBox, can I change it to VDMS?

Plus, my old PC is "stand alone", since the ethernet port is long dead.

~~Yamisae kudaku chikara de homoemu~~
Yuki ~ Keiko ~ Wakana ~ Hikaru
CROSSGA†E | Facebook