GP2 does not work!

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Re: GP2 does not work!

Post by racer63 »

asusacer wrote:Look in the gamejams folder :roll:

The cars problem has been fixed, all the cars function now, and I'll try again at the new tracks.

Oh, and GP2Lap doesn't load, it gives me no message at all. ](*,) It's no biggie though.
Is your GP2Lap exe in the same folder of GP2?
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

racer63 wrote:What operative system you have? How much memory? DosBox makes the game slow for low or medium end computers.

If you have Windows XP installed you have a fair chance to run the game without problems. Another story is you have Win7.

Hi racer63. I've got xp but after install a new graphic card, the game doesn´t work. I know that isn't exist a logic explain but...
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

That´s because GP2 doesn´t support modern graphics cards. Have in mind that this game was created in the good old days of MS-DOS.

I think that the only way you can have GP2 running is using the old fashioned method of booting into DOS with a diskette and run the program from there. :?
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

Thanks Racer63.
I've decided to buy a PC specific for play GP2, with low ram, processor, without graphic card and i'll install W98.

Thanks for requests.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

hansel wrote:Thanks Racer63.
I've decided to buy a PC specific for play GP2, with low ram, processor, without graphic card and i'll install W98.

Thanks for requests.
Im sure that this will be not too expensive, in my country such a PC will cost around 50$. :)