Slipstream in GP2

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ismael
GP2 Starter

Slipstream in GP2

Post by ismael » 07.08.2018, 23:17

In 1993, according to Minardi driver Christian Fittipaldi, "the speed differential was 289km/h [Martini] against 314km/h [Fittipaldi]. You can't take it all in the slipstream, because you gain no more than three or five km/h."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-r ... me/639948/

I usually think that the slipstream effect in GP2 is a little bit exaggerated - but useful as it is, of course.

What do you guys think? Did you ever think about reducing the slipstream in the editors?

rremedio
GP2 Star

Re: Slipstream in GP2

Post by rremedio » 08.08.2018, 16:27

Yes, it is exaggerated.

Belini managed to improve it for GP3 and GP32K. I tried to do the same for GP2 based on his patches but I didn't get any results. I still think it is possible, I just lacked the necessary knowledge about Assembly. It isn't just the case of changing some values, you need to change the flow of a few routines in the game.

If someone wants to give it a try, studing the Belini patches for GP3/GP32k would be a good starting point.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion" - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell by William Blake