CC Pitlane "Ghost"

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Klon
GP2 Starter

CC Pitlane "Ghost"

Post by Klon »

Search function failed me, so I hope there's nothing on this issue.

Long story short: I run a simulated series with GP2 and have had certain issues with the pitlane at two tracks - Donington Park 2000 by John Edwards; Monterrey 2002 CART by Paul Josephson/Antonio Pessoa.

The issue is basically that selected cars enter the pitlane as usual, but when they approach their pit crew, they drive through them instead of actually getting worked on. At Monterry they do that for multiple laps before finally retiring due to running out of fuel; in Donington they manage to make their pitstop the second time around.

Obviously that is hardly acceptable. Has someone encountered an issue like this before and if so, you got any solutions? I am not sure whether it's something with the track files because while switching slots didn't help, the first of two races I did at Donington did not have that problem as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your time.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: CC Pitlane "Ghost"

Post by Peze »

I had this problem when editing tracks with very short pit straights - maybe this is same problem(?). Solution is to use rremedio's marvellous slot editor and edit the "Distance to pit in" value (not sure if the "Pit in speed" helps - or that I remember correctly all this, should test it again).

Easiest way to test if this is the problem: try the track on slot 1, it has highest number for pit in distance in the game.
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Interesting. A reinstall fixed the problem for now, but I will try to play around with the slot editor the next time I have such an issue. Thanks, Peze. :)
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

One value fits all?

Post by ecodrive »

Hey guys,

the problem with the pit lane entry and exit while using tracks in different slots is well known.

See http://www.grandprix2.de/wissen/slotpitlane.htm .

Are there "Magic Data" values for "Distance To Pit In" and "Distance To Pit Out" working on (nearly) EVERY custom designed circuit?

Has anybody experience on this matter?

I've got problems with CCs spinning out after leaving the pit lane at Brands Hatch Indy and Adelaide for example.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

The issue from the OP is probably due to some editing being made on the track instead of magic data related. There are some checkboxes in the track editor that need to be ticked on/off according to the pit layout and accidentally messing with them will lead to the problem described.
Hey guys,

the problem with the pit lane entry and exit while using tracks in different slots is well known.

See http://www.grandprix2.de/wissen/slotpitlane.htm .

Are there "Magic Data" values for "Distance To Pit In" and "Distance To Pit Out" working on (nearly) EVERY custom designed circuit?

Has anybody experience on this matter?

I've got problems with CCs spinning out after leaving the pit lane at Brands Hatch Indy and Adelaide for example.
No. It is a case by case setting. Basically, you use higher values when the closest corner is at a higher distance. For instance, Interlagos as a long "straight" before the pit-in (not really a straight, but an almost straight high-speed section), so you use higher values preventing the cars from turning to the pitlane too late and too fast. On the other hand, original Monaco has the pit exit very close to a corner, you use very small values so the cars won't try to change lines inside the corner or, even worse, try to go straight in the corner thinking they are still in the pitlane.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!