GP32K Player Name Issue

It's just an area for F1GP, GP3, GP3k and GP4 - Please Post in topic's title which game it is for... E.g. '[GP3] 2011th cars'
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

GP32K Player Name Issue

Post by Mickeyg »

So I've installed GP32k recently and I have an issue with making a new player name, when replacing another driver.

After Installing I picked a team (Sauber) and put a fictitious name in the driver 2 slot for that team. I then saved the new name set 'mydnames' and then went to practice and quick race.

After that I came out of the game, carried out a few odd job PC tasks, then went back into GP32k. I then noticed the game had not loaded my fictitious driver name (mydnames) set, but the pro driver Mika Salo. I then discovered that there was no mydnames file (I thought I'd saved) in the games GP32k dir folder and save folder?

So I copied the dnames file (default names) to my desktop and renamed it mydnames and put it in the save folder. Hoping that would solve my issue. I then went back into the game, made up my fictitious driver name again and saved that by overwriting the made file from desktop (now in save for folder) to mydnames. But after going out and back into the game, it still (from start) loads the default drivers and Mika Salo in the Sauber.

So in other words every time I go into the game I have to load the file mydnames. The game just won't save or load it automatically.

Anybody got any ideas.

PS: I've recently installed Gp2,3,4 and all is fine with the driver names there.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: GP32K Player Name Issue

Post by roland ratzenberger »

first of all have you managed to make it work under windows 10?? i know many people who have it, including me, and cannot make it work in windows 10
Mickeyg
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP32K Player Name Issue

Post by Mickeyg »

Hi Roland.
I have this install of both Gp3 & GP32k running on my old windows xp desktop.

In the past I tried to run them on my windows 7 laptop and windows 10. But no joy as the graphics where slow motion.

I heard a lot of people who are struggling too, to run these two games. Not sure if dxwind is worth a try. I know I once had a similiar problem with the management game Grand Prix World. Wouldn't run on win 7 or up. Applying dxwind though helped. Maybe worth a try if you've never heard of it and never tried?

I know GP4 was okay for me on Win 7 and up.

Cheers.